Best to use for brow trim

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, and have a build question. I just got a TE Stormtrooper kit off ebay that I am going to build, and wanted to know....where is a good place to get, and what to get, for the black brow trim piece on my helmet? I know I can get them on ebay, but shipping is outrageous from Argentina! I figured I would ask on here, and see if anyone knew of local, or easy to find products, which make a good trim piece. I've watched the great assembly videos on the site, and man, they are a godsend!

I also want to find some nice ideas for the mic tips on my helmet. The resin ones on ebay look cheap, and well,,,,resin! I figured ask a trooper, for a great link or way to find these crucial parts, so I can make a great looking bucket for my noggin!

Thanks in advance for any help, and please feel free to e-mail me. Hope to meet and chat to you all sometime in the future!

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2

( Scorpitat2 )

I believe that keith could help you out a lot for both of your requests.

keith

have fun.

keith ships his Hovie tips from england... but he makes the best in the world.

he also should be able to supply you with brow and neck trims.

TK4510 decals supplies brow trim, but it's for stunt helmets at this time,

the measurement is 16.5 inches, and I've seen hero helmets needing a little more.

his brow trim, while good quality, you might consider that keith could help you

out with one transaction.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

keith ships his Hovie tips from england... but he makes the best in the world.

Oh yeah... forgot to mention Keith for mic tips. He's pretty much the only one we all buy/have. B)

Thanks for the help everyone! Much appreciated. I really can't wait to get this helmet rolling. I have an old Don Post Studios trooper helmet, but I've always wanted something MORE screen accurate, and this kit is really good! Since it's my 1st, I'm hoping my modelbuilding kit skills for detailing and painting will come into play for finishing it. I really enjoy modelbuilding, so this is a nice break from that, and a treat. Building starships does get tedious after awhile...........LOL

I ordered my brow trim and screen from TK-4510's site. ( Thanks for the link No'l! )I'll be sure to see about getting my mic tips from Keith as well, when I get to that point. I'll be sure to post some progress pics when I get it rolling, and I plan on using the invaluable videos posted by TK-4510 to show me the steps.

I put my Don Post mask up on ebay to sell, so I can put the proceeds back into funding my build. I really am excited to get started.

Thanks again for the help, and the warm welcome to the site. It's members like you that make these sites a great thing to be a part of.

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2

( Scorpitat2 )

I see that it has the notches at the base that are open. somthing that I noticed when I was looking at the MRCE tips...

those notches actually have the open holes that would allow for air to pass though the mic, to keep distortion down.

and it looks like the nipple is the mic plenum....

and the cast is so very clean!

the screen looks very very nice!

Hey Newtroop2.. Glad to see another new recruit from Carida, and sadly cutting my teeth on the same make of armor.. I just got my helmet parts from TK4150 myself.. It took all the leg work out of trying to track that stuff down one at a time. I was dreading getting to the helmet, now I am actually looking forward to it..

@ SSKUNY: Great looking tips -love the cut outs, and internal guts - when I get some spare cash I'll have to upgrade for a few pair.

Are these cast off : Original part, or a ROTJ "copy of orig part" .....

Guys - the source is believed to be NOT a microphone, but a tip for a "soda machine dispenser" BUT those in the know will neither confirm nor deny......

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2010 at 10:07 AM, NewTrooper2 said:

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, and have a build question. I just got a TE Stormtrooper kit off ebay that I am going to build, and wanted to know....where is a good place to get, and what to get, for the black brow trim piece on my helmet? I know I can get them on ebay, but shipping is outrageous from Argentina! I figured I would ask on here, and see if anyone knew of local, or easy to find products, which make a good trim piece. I've watched the great assembly videos on the site, and man, they are a godsend!

I also want to find some nice ideas for the mic tips on my helmet. The resin ones on ebay look cheap, and well,,,,resin! I figured ask a trooper, for a great link or way to find these crucial parts, so I can make a great looking bucket for my noggin!

Thanks in advance for any help, and please feel free to e-mail me. Hope to meet and chat to you all sometime in the future!

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2

( Scorpitat2 )

Seals Direct has the Brow and neck trim.

Rubber Door Seals | Rubber Extrusions | Window Rubbers | Boat and Caravan Seals | UK (sealsdirect.co.uk)

I ordered a meter both for the brow and the neck. The part numer for both are below.

Andy

Brow US52

Neck SWR149