Info Request: Mildew removal from Canvas belts

Made a bit of a schoolboy error and despite airing /drying out my kit after the last troop in the rain I neglected to do the same for my canvas belt.

The result; mildew spots all over the damn thing. :(

Anyone got a sure fire method of removing them, other than trainer whitening over the top as its an accurate off white one at the moment?

i use a mix of vinegar and 20 Mule Team Borax or (sodium borate) for all mildew problems. it also prevents it from coming back ;) i had a bunch of my artists canvases mildew in my cellar, so i know it works well on canvas without changing the color like bleach

also just plain vinegar works ok, but the sodium borate prevents the mold from returning

here is the recipe i use

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Thanks guys.

Well...due to a my wife having a hare brained half arsed attempt at sorting it behind my back I now have one half natural canvas colour and the other half bleached white! Forgive the vitriol, but its not the first time. :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by carbonitekid

Thanks guys.

Well...due to a my wife having a hare brained half arsed attempt at sorting it behind my back I now have one half natural canvas colour and the other half bleached white! Forgive the vitriol, but its not the first time. :angry::angry::angry:

I'm sure she had only good intentions in mind...

Bleach it completely, then soak it in some tea or coeffe to "age" it again...

Karin

I'm sure she had only good intentions in mind...

Bleach it completely, then soak it in some tea or coeffe to "age" it again...

Karin

Im sure she did Karin, problem is EVERY time she tries to help no matter how detailed the instructions given ( even to such extent as to tell her how to use a measuring tape and where to measure ) she ALWAYS finds a way to balls it up.

And she is a clever woman, just one who always knows best. Usualy at the detriment of what is actualy required!

Sorry if this all comes over as misogynistic, just getting towards the end of my teather with this particular situation at the moment.

Its far more complicated than just this, but thats not really for the boards.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this all comes over as misogynistic, just getting towards the end of my teather with this particular situation at the moment.

Misogynistic!? Holy crap! I didn't know I needed a dictionary standing by to read these posts! :lol:

mi·sog·y·nis·tic adj \mə-ˌsäj-ə-ˈnis-tik\

Definition of MISOGYNISTIC

: having or showing a hatred and distrust of women

Edited by TKittell