Belt clip options?

Kirby

I was curious if anyone had found any good replacement options or work arounds for the thermal det/ o2 canister clips? I have 3 of the big boy office supply companys really close to me, Office Max, Staples, Office Depot.. None of which carry the bankers clasps/clips anymore. Office Max carries but never at my local store which means they wont even let me order online, and it would seem that they are on permanent backorder..Ebay doesnt even seem to have em. Only places I can seem to find them on line is what appear to be strickly e-based office supply stores that I would in no way trust with a one of those fake credit cards that come in the mail... much less the real deal. I know people sell high end slips, and dont get me wrong I have no problems spending money on my armor to make it look as well as i can, but something as small and as simple as this (not to mention its starting to get personal) I just feel that thats a little overkill to spend that much. Thanks.....

I was curious if anyone had found any good replacement options or work arounds for the thermal det/ o2 canister clips? I have 3 of the big boy office supply companys really close to me, Office Max, Staples, Office Depot.. None of which carry the bankers clasps/clips anymore. Office Max carries but never at my local store which means they wont even let me order online, and it would seem that they are on permanent backorder..Ebay doesnt even seem to have em. Only places I can seem to find them on line is what appear to be strickly e-based office supply stores that I would in no way trust with a one of those fake credit cards that come in the mail... much less the real deal. I know people sell high end slips, and dont get me wrong I have no problems spending money on my armor to make it look as well as i can, but something as small and as simple as this (not to mention its starting to get personal) I just feel that thats a little overkill to spend that much. Thanks.....

Take a strip of styrene, heat it up with an air dryer, bend it to shape, put on some chrome tape and rivet it on...

Karin

I got mine from the Tandy Leather factory: ------

It does make it very easy to put on and take off ... Which is great for getting kitted up but there is a chance it could just as easily be removed by a "sticky fingered fan".

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 1 month later...

TK 4702 is a hero for building these clips!!!! The biggest difference between tk4702's and the belt clips from tandy leather is that the end of the tandy clips bend outward. This means heavt scratching to the kidney or butt piece. Tk4702's bend inward avoiding that. Spend the few extra $$$ for these. It's worth it!

TK 4702 is a hero for building these clips!!!! The biggest difference between tk4702's and the belt clips from tandy leather is that the end of the tandy clips bend outward. This means heavt scratching to the kidney or butt piece. Tk4702's bend inward avoiding that. Spend the few extra $$$ for these. It's worth it!

Thanks Steve!

Aren't the Tandy leather clips kind of flimsy?

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2010 at 2:39 AM, Kirby said:

Kirby

I know Jesse makes some sweet clips,....but why not have a go yourself mate :)

They are really easy to make and we've got a fanatastic tutorial in the Academy

by Pete - Stukatrooper which takes you through it step by step.

Check it out and give it a go B)

:)