Requesting deployment status for ANH.[04][AP]

:dance:

MAN THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!

:duim::duim::salute::peace::pint1::D:D

Excellent!!!

*Fireworks*

Very cool

The lenses are mixed compared to the teeth. It's six teeth + smoke bubbles, or eight teeth + flat green ones. It's a tiny detail, as otherwise the suit looks great. :)

Thanks Paul.

So you are saying that I have a stunt helmet with hero leneses? That would would leave me with one of two choices. One, fill in the gap in the last "tooth". Or just wip up some flat green lenses that I could actually see out of? :P

Thanks Paul.

So you are saying that I have a stunt helmet with hero leneses? That would would leave me with one of two choices. One, fill in the gap in the last "tooth". Or just wip up some flat green lenses that I could actually see out of? :P

i can see where paul is coming from . The bucket has got a hero look to it. I think is also because the brow/band is lower than normal which also seems a feature on hero's.

Nice to see the "steadycam" pictures.

Good work trooper.

cheers for the update

Looking good! Workin up a sweat I see. :) I'd raise the drop boxes some. The buttons look great. About the helmet, it does have a hero look about it mainly due to the low brow. I was going to suggest that you repaint the frown, but I see that you've cut out enough holes for a stunt. What you could do is take the rubber brow off, gently cut off some of the edge of the cap to raise it and put the rubber trim back on. It doesn't have to be a super clean cut because the trim is gonna cover it anyway. Then ditch the bubble lenses and go for dark green acetate. You'll look the part and your eyes will love you for it.

Kent,

Armor looks great!! I am so glad you did not give up on this project.

Now, on to business:

There are a few things that need to be done before I can grant you deployment status:

1) You will need to get your TK designation from the 501st. Since we are a detachment of the 501st, we work under the trickle down effect, and need to see your status updated to reflect your TK approved in the 501st before I can deploy you. Can't deploy a trooper who is not a trooper (I assume from your reference to the PM from Matt that is what you are doing).

2) You need to determine if you are going the Hero or Stunt route. As stated in the thread, the Stunt has 8 teeth and flat green lenses, while the Hero has 6 teeth and smoke bubble lenses.

Once we get this done, you should be good to go.

Thanks,

:trooper:

So OK, have been updated to TK on the big site. Spent the last three hours tearing apart the helmet and redoing it for the stunt version. I don't like it this way as much as it was, but hey at least now I can see. B) And I have taken Clutch's idea of trimming the upper dome up a bit, (3/8 of an inch).

Have cut the lenses from out a few Vader lids to upgrade or for a repaint. Was a little shaky with the thin ABS VS a fiberglass bucket.

So here it is in all of it's stunt ready glory. What's the next hoop? :D Had a hard time with doing this little operation. The whole time I could not help but think, well there goes 3 days work making the lenses and trimming so the brow sits just right. But now it is at least not "two" helmets but just one.

100_0431.jpg

100_0432.jpg

Man, that is fast!! :salute:

Final works comes from the DO, but its looks great and I'm impressed with the turn around. Nice job!

Man this project reminds me of good wine, gets better the longer it takes, arent you glad you waited a while, let your armor sit and gain age??? looks awesome! this is good to go ( at least my opinion)

*salute*

Hi Dwb, those boys make you jump through hoops!

Anyway i suppose they have to set standards,but it just seems a bit dissheartening when soo much work has been put into a project and then turned down.

But on the bright side i really love the new bucket,imho the stunts look more menacing and classy.

Cheers for posting you lucky man

DWB,

Excellent job on the bucket. Saw your new designation on the 501st site, so let me be the first to welcome you to your newFISD Deployment status, Mark IV (or whatever that may be in the future).

Glad you stuck with it, and I promise you will be glad you did. I know I appreciate ALL armor now that I went thru my process (over 80 posts on 1 thread, mind you!!).

Well done trooper!!

Ed or Paul, will you please update DWB's status when you have time, and I will work on his deployment photo (laptop willing)?

Now, WHO'S NEXT??

:trooper:

More pix,...? You may not like them. See, I have converted the TK to a Tusken Raider :P

Just,.. Um,... Messing with you. :lol: Thanks to everyone who has posted support for my little project. And to thouse who have pushed me into the right direction!

A final word.

YIPPEEEEEE!! :D:D:D

Gawd my spelling sux! :rolleyes:

So, after much coaxing I got my Wife to snap some more pix of my TK. Really hope that this is it as my body has taken a few "armor bites" just with this photo sesion.

100_0434-1.jpg

So OK it is a bad joke :rolleyes: Will submitt the proper photos tommorow night :)

Have had some delay in getting new pix posted. Was going to do it last night after I had checked on a few things on the bay. Thats when I found that someone had hacked into my account and added an item for sale using my name and had changed my password. So after 4 hours of changing passwords and other things neither my Wife or I were in the mood for snap shots. Will just have to get to it this weekend.

Thats to bad, hope no major or permant damage occured... take your time with the pictures we will wait.