Happy July 4th, 2007

Exodus

FISD members,

For those celebrating todays USA Indepence day holiday, have a safe and happy holiday celebration. Anyone celebrating fireworks with their TK let's see your pics!

If you aren't celebrating and if have 2 1/2 hours to spare go see Transfomers. I really enjoyed the movie (no spoilers here please).

Happy July 4th everyone.

Ya make sure you guys have a burger and a dog for me.

and for the lucky few that can play with fireworks be careful!!!

We did a nice parade yesterday. It was a blast. There were TONs of people and the dark side felt VERY strong. It's amazing how many people get excited to see a TK and Vader. People were running out to the street to try and get pictures.

The highlight for me was seeing my son (2) in the huge crowd clapping (he's not been able to see me outside in my TK. sure he's seen parts in the house etc...) He was all excited. I was able to break formation and walk over to him and touch his hand. My wife and parents said the people around them were going crazy when I walked over.

So much fun!!! I'll remember that for a while

My son who is also a TK and I got to participate in a skit to start the fireworks show at the Marin County Fair this weekend. One of our garrison members' company runs the pyrotechnics for the fireworks display and this year incorporated a story where the Empire takes over the fair and then they have to start the fireworks show with a blaster shot.

Not only was it cool to simulate through special effect lighting the blaster fire exploding the fireworks display, but when we came up onto this platform 8 feet in the air, I was surprised to see thousands of people right at our feet screaming "Stormtroopers!" A pair of troopers from our garrision took part each night of the 5 night performance. Opportunity of a lifetime--thanks Mike!!

I did the edmonds parade again this year with my local garrison. Always fun.

In Washington state, class C fireworks are sold to the public. mortars are my favorite. However, this year my son took off for California, so we didn't do fireworks this time.

Trooperdad, sounds like you had a blast B)

"Washington state, class C fireworks are sold to the public..."

Thats good to know.....*writes it down* :sith:

thx TK 4205 your posts are so iluminating.

Glad you guys had fun, and safely.

We did a nice parade yesterday. It was a blast. There were TONs of people and the dark side felt VERY strong. It's amazing how many people get excited to see a TK and Vader. People were running out to the street to try and get pictures.

The highlight for me was seeing my son (2) in the huge crowd clapping (he's not been able to see me outside in my TK. sure he's seen parts in the house etc...) He was all excited. I was able to break formation and walk over to him and touch his hand. My wife and parents said the people around them were going crazy when I walked over.

So much fun!!! I'll remember that for a while

Brad, thanks for posting this. This is so cool. You had to be walking 10 feet off the ground for the rest of the parade!