Deployment percentages

Daetrin

Just found out that 1 out of 5 - yes that's 22% if you want to be more accurate - of 501st sandtroopers are actually MEPD deployed. Can you imagine if we got that far? That would be about 417 stormtroopers!

=:-0

I was at the LXO's home last night, he is mod-ing his armor for comfort and I'm directing him towards movie accuracy as well. He will be deployable in no-time.

I'm just awaiting my new helmet and the photos will be posted for deployment request.

Btw, I'll also be modifying my FX helmet so I will have a completely deployable FX kit for ANH.

I am waiting for my neckseal, to submit to the 501st first, upon approvel i am going for deployment. the armor was done and finished with TK Deployment status ready. (Scott willing <_< :lol: LOL joking)

:dance:

but i think the speed of deployment is okay, considering the time from when the deployment Standards were official.... or am i mistaken???

but i think the speed of deployment is okay, considering the time from when the deployment Standards were official.... or am i mistaken???

True, and also in that there are so many more stormtroopers in the 501st. IIRC at MEPD part of the success isn't so much that existing members upgraded to the standard (though that is happening), but more than each new person who goes sandy goes MEPD standard from the start.

I suspect we'll see something similar, perhaps not so much that existing 501st upgrade their suits, but that new people coming in will go for the standard to start with.

I have changed out my belt, closed up the sides, and changed the buttons. However, the helmet and the blaster are holding me back. I have not decided whether to upgrade my cheapo blaster or keep waiting for you-know-who to get around to making one... The helmet is the same issue: sink bucks into making the FX work, or getting another lid that might fit my head. So I am kind of "half pregnant" for a while. But I am sure happy with the mods already done! :duim:

Hey Steve - the SciFire guys are doing a run of HF weapons at some really nice prices.

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2955

The price for the MG-34 is insanely cheap considering they used to Ebay for over $500. E-11's at $225 are also a steal.

For the bucket, I'd recommend RT or AP as both are ABS and nice lids (though I'm partial to AP) and will work perfectly with your FX armor.

Paul, thanks for the tip on the weapons. I guess Stomper's latest post may push me in that direction.

But the helmet thing is in another thread (i.e. head size)... the only non-FX helmet I have ever tried on is an AP, but only got it down as far as one inch ABOVE my eyebrows... So until I can find another bucket to try on (i.e. RT or ANHV2), I will probably not make a move to Mark (or whatever) status. I am reluctant to spend a lot of time, expense, and effort on my FX until I KNOW there are no alternatives. I was hoping to find more helmets to try on at C-IV, but it didn't happen.

ANH helmets can vary a lot in how they're assembled as well as how they're pulled. Between three TE2s, an AP, and an RT mod, the one that had the most room was a TE2. And the one that had the least room was...a TE2. Perhaps the one you tried on just needed more neck cut out? W/o being there, who's to say. I'm having a hard time understanding how making an FX bucket be deployment ready be expensive or hard. At most what are you talking about - a new set of decals & some new hovis. Or am I missing something?

ANH helmets can vary a lot in how they're assembled as well as how they're pulled. Between three TE2s, an AP, and an RT mod, the one that had the most room was a TE2. And the one that had the least room was...a TE2. Perhaps the one you tried on just needed more neck cut out? W/o being there, who's to say. I'm having a hard time understanding how making an FX bucket be deployment ready be expensive or hard. At most what are you talking about - a new set of decals & some new hovis. Or am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. In fact, I have both the new decals and the new hovis. But the helmet is "naked" inside (i.e. no fans or voice amp/burst), and I have been reluctant to fix it up if I am just going to ditch it. So I am saving the hovis and the decals for a possible new helmet. Maybe I just ought to make a cast of my head and then send it around to various helmet guys to see what might fit... lol

P.S. That is one reason Wyatt's internals design is so interesting... cuz I could deploy it inside my FX and then just move it to another helmet if I can ever get that sorted out.