ANH Ear Bumps

Hi. I had a question about ear bumps. I've received some good feedback, but looking for any extra info per the EIB.

The ANH CRL indicates 3 or 4 bumps allowed. I just got my helmet kit (Trays), and looks great. It has 4 bumps, but might want to go Hero? The EIB requirements indicates 6 teeth, and the 2 screws on the side, but no further info on the bumps?

Can I stick with the 4 bumps if I go Hero, and want to get EIB status?

If not, then what is recommended to go from 4 to 3 (a type of paste, or are there ear kits available?).

Thanks.

Some armor makers supply hero ear pieces, but that would be one of the easier mods I suppose if you can't get a pre-vacformed part. With a little putty and sanding, and then painting the detail, it should be achievable.

I do believe the numer of ear bumps are mandatory for both stunt or hero EIB?

The EIB certainly specifies the bumps. The older CRL did not, but this is getting tightened on the new 501st CRL as the ANH Stunt and ANH Hero CRL's are broken out.

As Dennis noted, there are a few folks who make 3 bump ears, but they can be hard to come by sometimes.

I do believe the numer of ear bumps are mandatory for both stunt or hero EIB?

Dennis is right, the correct number of ear bumps are mandatory for EIB. Correct number of teeth are also a requirement. There are a few threads of guys who have modded a Stunt to Hero so I would check those out. I believe Bondo works best.

Hi, all. Good information, and very helpful. I appreciate everyones reply.

Sound like if I decide to do the Hero build, and want to get EIB, then it's 3 bumps. No problem, except for maybe my ability to work with putty, and bondo. However, would be cool when finished.

I think I'll also follow up with John. Sounds like a excellent possible option, and a great recommendation from Daetrin.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...