First troop (non-501st) and first outing for TM armour

I'm not yet trooping with the 501st because I'm still sorting out my holster but I did get to give the rest of my TK outfit a run-out at an unofficial local troop.

Three local members of the 501st got together with a few other Star Wars costuming fans to put on a little show at the recent John Williams tribute concert at Fimucité (http://www.fimucite.com/f4/en/).

The orchestra played music from several of his film scores but there was one notable absence in the programme - no Star Wars music listed! Of course, no tribute to John Williams would be complete without Star Wars and the orchestra played the "Main Theme" and the "Imperial March" as a surprise encore.

By the start of the Imperial March, we (5 stormtroopers, 1 scout, 1 officer and 1 Vader) had assembled at the top of the aisle, to walk down during the final piece of music and line up at the front of the stage.

Obviously walking down stairs in the dark is a real baptism of fire for your first armour test run. I couldn't see a thing! Luckily nobody fell and the audience loved it.

We took guard at the exits after the show too and were there for a good half an hour for photos. It was a great laugh.

Here we are on the local news (I'm the last trooper coming down the stairs, directly in front of the officer and DV).

Not an easy task to walk down a flight of stairs in the dark... Well done Rich. You'll find the more you troop, the easier it becomes to tackle stairs... :D

Nice one trooper do you have any pics of you at the event Rich would be great to see not long now before you are EIB, welll done mate :dancing-trooper:

Nice one trooper do you have any pics of you at the event Rich would be great to see not long now before you are EIB, welll done mate :dancing-trooper:

Not got any pictures at the moment. There were plenty taken though and there was at least one chap in the audience who was connected to our group. Should be able to get hold of something eventually.

Not got any pictures at the moment. There were plenty taken though and there was at least one chap in the audience who was connected to our group. Should be able to get hold of something eventually.

Cheers Rich you know we like our pics and from what i have seen on you build thread you look awsome .

Cheers Rich you know we like our pics and from what i have seen on you build thread you look awsome .

Thanks, mate. I do love my TM.

Thanks, mate. I do love my TM.

Yes i am so proud to were mine iam going ESB EIB soon just waiting on some hand gaurds from paul.

Yes i am so proud to were mine iam going ESB EIB soon just waiting on some hand gaurds from paul.

Magic. Look forward to seeing it.

One of my first troops was a local Star Wars symphony event also. There was about 30 of us there and when we walked out on stage the applause was tremendous. Of course you feel like they are actually clapping for YOU personally. I was grinning like a dog eating out of the cat box!!!!! :o

Just found these on facebook ...

This is me with Alfonso (who I have to say gets his Rubies to work reasonably well) and Pablo who was in the audience and dressed as Indiana Jones for the event (thanks to him for the photos):

AlfonsoPabloRich.jpg

This is the conductor with a few of the chaps. (Only the Scout and the TK are 501st members in this picture):

35044_138854109467722_1000002940043.jpg

In the dressing room:

37521_138854202801046_1000002940043.jpg

Those stairs!!!!

37521_138854196134380_1000002940043.jpg

37521_138854199467713_1000002940043.jpg

Don't want to be rude to the others, but you're clearly the best looking TK there :)

Thanks, Dan. Don't want to sound arrogant ... but it's true! :lol:

Next to me in the last photo is Gian who is the only TK who is a 501st member. He "only" has an old FX but I think his armour looks very good. He's paid attention to the overall fit and certain details like correct ab buttons etc. The three TKs on the other side of the picture are not affiliated to any costume group (as far as I know) and in certain aspects, it shows. I think the last photo is quite a good advert for the 501st. The Scout and the officer over on our side are also 501st members.

Not wanting to slave Leia but one thing the two guys with the full FX suits said also really amused me. They were asking me where my armour was from and how much it costs. I knew they wouldn't have heard of TM of course so I explained it was a fan sculpt from a guy in the UK and told them roughly how much I had paid. Their reaction was: "But you could almost afford a proper SDS for that money! Why didn't you get the SDS?". Bless 'em! :lol: I said I already had one AP at home, I don't need a re-cast of it! :P :P

On a more cynical note, it shows that your average punter is going to buy the line about "original moulds".

Yep, SDS' claims, as ridiculous as they might sound to us, seem to pay off in general.

I was surfing a German collectors forum the other day, and they were talking about the MR CE helmet. Someone came up with SDS and said "look, that's the holy grail!".

I was seriously tempted to register and 'educate the masses', but then I thought they wouldn't give a damn anyway.

By the way, that's an officer on there? Looked like a ROTJ Luke to me ;)

Hilarious rehearsal picture. Semi-naked Stormtroopers playing air guitar! :D

35049_139065139446619_1000002940043.jpg

It actually looks more like you're holding invisible blasters :D

Edited by R2Dan

;)

It actually looks more like you're holding invisible blasters :D

Nice one Rich :duim: thanks for putting the pics up mate can i say you look fantastic in your whites , and dont worry if you fall and knock the armour its still going to look awsome ;)

;)

Nice one Rich :duim: thanks for putting the pics up mate can i say you look fantastic in your whites , and dont worry if you fall and knock the armour its still going to look awsome ;)

He he, cheers. Got a few nice streaks on my armour now so it's not looking so pristine anymore. Looking more like an extra in ESB every day. :D

He he, cheers. Got a few nice streaks on my armour now so it's not looking so pristine anymore. Looking more like an extra in ESB every day. :D

Thats what i like to here you scuffed up scruffy looking , hey whos scuffy looking , you know what i mean Rich :D