AM Armor - Adding Rivets to Left Ab/Kidney Plates

Looking for some suggestions and options from my TK brethren...

Hi all,

As some of you know, I'm in the final stages of completing my AM armor build and going for both legion approval and EIB. On the torso portion of my build, I can easily overlap the ab and kidney plates to close the left side gaps on my AM armor. My dilemma is this though: I'm debating whether or not to add rivets to the left ab/kidney plates. Here's a pic of the torso without any rivets attached:

AM Armor Torso - Left Side View

AMTorsoPic-LeftSide.jpg

From what I understand, I can still make EIB without adding the rivets. Still, I'm curious the following:

1) Has anyone else with the new AM armor tried adding rivets? If so, any pictures about how the final product looks on this specific armor?

2)What size rivets do people use? 1/8" or 3/16"?

3) Assuming I do go for the rivet option, is there a way to just glue the head/exposed portion of the rivet to my armor to give it the 6-rivet look without actually drilling the holes and creating real ones?

Please sound off and let me know your thoughts!!!

Edited by Storm_Knight1

If you're going for ANH or ESB EIB then although not required, they are a "should have". It's a nice little touch. They aren't necessary for ROTJ.

Hey Grant, I wouldn't have thought the rivets were required for that variation. I can't see any reference to them :unsure: .

If you're going for ANH or ESB EIB then although not required, they are a "should have". It's a nice little touch. They aren't necessary for ROTJ.

Hey Grant, I wouldn't have thought the rivets were required for that variation. I can't see any reference to them :unsure: .

I thought that for EIB you had to comply with all the "should haves" for that catagory.

When I read the CRLs, it said for ESB that you need all the ANH "must haves" plus blah,blah,blah and then for ROTJ it says all ESB "must haves" plus this ,that and the other....SO....I took the CRLs to be that I needed to have all the "must have" AND all the "should have" requirements for

ANH,ESB,ROTJ and then the Commander mods on top of that in order to get EIB....So that's what I did.

Is that not correct?

Cheers,

G

Thanks for the helpful responses and pics fellas, this is just what I needed. :) Still wondering though, is there a screen accurate or cannon size for the rivet size (e.g., 1/8", 5/32" or 3/16")? I started trying to look at hi-resolution screen grabs from ANH, but it's still hard to tell.

IMG_0250.jpg

Edited by Storm_Knight1

I just helped a friend do the rivets in the side of his AM armor. We used 5/32 - "short" rivets.

Here is the side:

LQXaX72.jpg

Here is the inside of the side:

w1dUY1e.jpg

If you haven't seen how to attach snaps with rivets, then see Pandatrooper's how to thread on attaching snaps with rivets.

EIB has must have's and should have's just like the CRL. The reason is that we don't want to make the EIB so high as discourage applicants, but do want a path for a higher level of screen accuracy should people want to go there.