Skullworx

I have a friend on another forum and he asked this question, since I want to know the answer too I thought I would ask it over here.

Do you own a Skullworx helmet fan & speaker system, if so how good is it?

Thanks

TK-6044

I have one and I like it. I'm working on improving the speaker isolation so I can crank up the volume much higher.

Its a great solution if you don't have the time to create your own.

I have one and I like it. I'm working on improving the speaker isolation so I can crank up the volume much higher.

Its a great solution if you don't have the time to create your own.

Thanks for the quick reply!

So is the volume far too quiet or just a little quiet?

It doesn't compare to an external speaker without further filtering. You an hear me via the speakers, but if I crank them up just one click more - feedback...

Mine works fine and the volume is high enough without feedback for anyone in the general vicinity. It sux not having the static burst tho... You just tell yourself you will fake it before and after you speak but you always forget to do it.

Mine works fine and the volume is high enough without feedback for anyone in the general vicinity. It sux not having the static burst tho... You just tell yourself you will fake it before and after you speak but you always forget to do it.

I heard that you could fake it. I tried myself but kept on forgetting too.

I have seen another amp system to add the Static burst but it was expensive.

Thx for the post

Tk-6044

If you want something you can install and have working in 5 minutes they're great for the price point. RomFx is the best, but it takes more effort/time to get running, esp. if you want a 100% helmet contained setup.

RomFx is the best, but it takes more effort/time to get running, esp. if you want a 100% helmet contained setup.

Have you heard anything on the Hyperdyne trooper com?

Have you heard anything on the Hyperdyne trooper com?

I have a hyperdyne pro trooper and a skullworx unit. I like them. The skullworx is sweet. The only thing I don't like about the hyperdyne is that it take time to adjust when you first get it (hell, I still have to get mine right, and there is no hard ox for it. I had to custom fab a project box. I know some people don't mind, but I really wanted a box (since it's going in the bucket)

Thx Darth_Nickel

I like the Skullworx but I might try making my own.

Going down to Radio Shack today to see what I can see...

Thx again

Dave TK-6044

• 5 months later...

Just send him an email. He builds them as people order them. Scott might kill me for saying this. He just built one for me and I had him wire in a third external speaker for the added volume. It is hooked up with a jack so when I need it I plug it in and when I don't I just use the mic tip speakers. He does quality work, you won't be disappointed.

I picked up a Skullworx last weekend...love the convenience of the setup...

I do get ALOT of feedback however. Otherwise, it's a great idea.

Does anyone out there have a solution to get rid of the feedback..? I feel if I could crank the volume up all the way...it would be plenty loud...and the static burst would work well...you just have to remeber to do it.

Have you tried to move the AMP around in the back? Do you have anything behind your aerators? Sometimes you just need to find "the sweet spot". I also try to put something to block the aerators (like fabric, additional plastic, rubber, etc...) Just to make sure there is a good barrier between the amp/speakers/fans