My AP helmet suggestions for improvements...

Well, I'm just getting to the point where I'm finishing up my AP helmet. Polishing and decals and tidying to go. If anyone can see anything that needs changing or improving I'd appreciate the input!

I'm not copying a specific helmet or anything, just trying to get it together okay shape! I couldn't get the ears any closer to the sides after repeated attempts... Finally I gave up. I didn't end up using the pre marked drill holes because once I had angled the faceplate the way I wanted it the holes seemed to be off. It looks a bit like a swiss cheese inside! I thought I'd be clever and get a carpentry contour gauge to measure the ears for cutting, but that didn't work either... I used the fimo eye mounting method I found on here and that worked great though!

Let me know what you guys think though...

IMG_6161.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

Looks good to me too. I used the Pre-marked holes but sometimes wish I didn't just so I could get the brow to move up a little bit.

My only suggestion would be to get some hovi mic tips instead of the ones supplied in the kit. Oh yeah maybe a different neck trim too. Troopermaster sells a really good one. In addition to that TK4510 suggested weberspump.com for a 'S' shaped trim. Look for product "RG102".

Edited by JohnBlackk

Can't see nothing wrong with it. I like it :)

I used the Pre-marked holes but sometimes wish I didn't just so I could get the brow to move up a little bit.

You can /should trim 5 mm off the brow; easily done with an exacto blade.

Karin

Thanks guys!

Karin, I didn't think about trimming off the brow and going ahead with the pre marked holes! That's a good idea... Next time! I did that when I was converting my MRCE and it worked great, I don't know why I forgot!

I have my new Hovi's and TM's neck trim as well as Mike's decals, so I'll throw all that stuff on and finish the painting.

Thanks guys for the input! I'm glad I didn't make any glaring mistakes. All good practice for the next one anyway ;)

Cool! I'm glad you guys think it's okay! It's easy to sweat the small mistakes while you're putting it together, but the more and more completed it gets I don't even notice some of the little screw ups!

With a few decals!

IMG_6175.jpg

The whole family so far!

IMG_6178.jpg

Next project!

IMG_6179.jpg

You could trim out the eyes a bit more, but overall fantastic work. Nice work on the ears.

...Friday i'm driving to AP maker's house to get some more goodies...

Man, wish I could have drove to pick up mine. Lucky. I live about 1,800 miles away. That would make for an awesome road trip though. :D