TK-5069 requesting EIB Heavy Weapons Trooper[FX][APPROVED] 2nd

1. Not sure. They are actually under a TD designation, not a TK. I don't think Thomas (LMO) has figured has them configured yet in the database.

2. They are TD's - like sandtroopers.

3. Nope, it's 501st approved, per LMO

4. Yes, it should as it's a different costume designation. Just like I can take my IC, swap the hat for a helmet & add a DH-17, and I'm an IN. :)

It can also be an easy way to go double EIB. Just take your EIB TK, add pouches, pauldron, pack and BFG and you're done :)

Ā 

The only real trick is just making sure your drop boxes are removable from your belt.

It can also be an easy way to go double EIB. Just take your EIB TK, add pouches, pauldron, pack and BFG and you're done :)

Ā 

The only real trick is just making sure your drop boxes are removable from your belt.

Ā 

Guiness-Brilliant-1.jpg

Ā 

2nd build planned, and I haven't even finished my first yet! :D

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You mention the "BFG." Currently, the CRL allows the use of an E-11. I personally don't think the E-11 should be allowed for a HWT- it kind of defeats the purpose plus almost every TK already has an E-11.

Ā 

Good time to open a poll whether we should allow the E-11 for EIB HWT??

Ā 

Thanks

You mention the "BFG." Currently, the CRL allows the use of an E-11. I personally don't think the E-11 should be allowed for a HWT- it kind of defeats the purpose plus almost every TK already has an E-11.

Ā 

Good time to open a poll whether we should allow the E-11 for EIB HWT??

Ā 

Thanks

It's probably because they are still lumped in with the "TD" classification (why can't we have a 3 letter designation anyway?) and the TD allows "just" an E-11. Heck, we allow just an E-11 for MEPD deployment... but again, that's because there were a few TDs who carried only that (including the "move along" trooper) in ANH.

Ā 

So my guess is it carried over.

Ā 

But, I agree with you... for HWT it seems kind of silly to allow the E-11... I mean the "HW" does stand for SOMETHING. B)

Hey Chris - actually this is not the case. The DLT-19 (MG-34) is a canon BFG option for regular stormtroopers (one on the Falcon had one).

Ā 

If you believe that the HWT EIB requirements should include a BFG then I'm open to creating a binding poll for making this change if others chime in for it's support.

It's probably because they are still lumped in with the "TD" classification (why can't we have a 3 letter designation anyway?) and the TD allows "just" an E-11. Heck, we allow just an E-11 for MEPD deployment... but again, that's because there were a few TDs who carried only that (including the "move along" trooper) in ANH.

Ā 

So my guess is it carried over.

Ā 

But, I agree with you... for HWT it seems kind of silly to allow the E-11... I mean the "HW" does stand for SOMETHING. B)

Ā 

Actually the original MEPD Police Officer standards mandated a BFG and an E-11 was not allowed. When Mike Harrison re-wrote them in 2008 he made the change to allow the E-11. Given that the change was made by DL fiat, I guess it could be un-done by DL fiat.

Ā 

My belief however is that the DL should not change Police Officer standards on whim, and it should have gone to vote.

My belief however is that the DL should not change Police Officer standards on whim, and it should have gone to vote.

I agree with that.

Ā 

And I think the TD / sandtrooper should allow E-11 alone for deployment simply because there were many who had it alone. One obvious example is enough to warrant it I think ā€”Ā like the DLT-19 and the TK on the Falcon. (sandtroopers... deployed... what board are we on right now?) :P hahaha

I guess it's the intent of the program. In philosophy and origin, the goal of Police Officer status was not to reflect and allow for every possible combination that was used, but to capture the essence of a sandtrooper and push Legion members to hit a higher bar than base 501st. Troops are certainly free to use an E-11 for trooping *after* they get Police Officer status just like they are free to leave the pack at home for certain troops.

Ā 

However, the standard was meant to be that if an MEPD Police Officer needed to be in full kit, they could. This was the spirit of MEPD when I joined that detachment, and I wish it was there still.

However, the standard was meant to be that if an MEPD Police Officer needed to be in full kit, they could. This was the spirit of MEPD when I joined that detachment, and I wish it was there still.

Ah... yes, I can see / agree with that standard for sure...

So does that mean you'll be making a poll on MEPD, or should I? ;-)

No. :)

While I see the point of being ready "full gear" I really think the E-11 is "full gear" for troopers like the "move along" trooper... which is what my armor / pack and everything else is.

Ā 

I admit I'm one of the "only E-11" guys on the MEPD so the last thing I want to do ā€” from a purely personal standpoint ā€” is make it so that you have to have more than an E-11 to be deployed. haha Plus, people seem to know.

Ā 

Example; I literally had a teenage kid come up to me a couple of weeks ago at a troop and say, "It's nice to see a sandtrooper without a big gun... not all of 'em carried 'em yet it seems they always have them." I laughed and said, "Thank you." B)

Ā 

So yeah, I see that side of it, but I'd say leave it for now.

There are too many other exciting things happening at the MEPD to throw the guns into the mix. ;)

Ā 

(and yes this obviously begs the question about pack-less TDs, which has been an ongoing discussion amongst the command staff for some time and the pack is still required for many reasons and I doubt will be changed anytime soon...)