My first 'hero' - AP

Hey guys! My first thread here :D

hope I put this thread in the right section

and this is also my first full attempt on stormtrooper

Goes on to the pics

here's the first day,I'm trying to get the faceplate as wide as I can,but still unsatisfying 4a5dcf1d.jpg

So I decide to remove the hole and make the hole on the faceplate loose so I can press the faceplate more towards following the cap's shape

3c314bfd.jpg better get it covered later :D

so the day after the ears attached and the faceplate widened.....a bit,but ok...........I think *gulp*

need to cut a new brow trim too to fit

f9189682.jpg

c4300767.jpg

888aac1b.jpg

I knew almost nothing about this helmet,only commonly available pics

I'm planning to hot ironing the 4th teeth 'slope' so it doesn't too prominent,but I don't know if I'll do that or not :mellow:

if there's any criticisms or suggestions I'll be happy to hear :)

you could use ABS paste to fill in the depression. it would match the helmet exactly.

just chop up all the trimmings and put in a glass container with a little acetone solvent.

sand the area a little and put the paste into the spot. after the paste cures

you can polish it up with a little sanding film and then follow up with

the 3 grades of novus polish.

I've never made the paste myself, but some people say that you need to make sure that you keep it

in an airtight container, and watch out for fumes. the color can come out darker, and it's not

a foolproof method... use a glass container ect.

keep us posted with pics!

when you trim out your next brow trim cut the ends square, then leave enough trim to cover the gap.

if you cut the base of the trim it will fit on each side of the upper ear.

by sliding the slitted trim over each side of the upper ear allowing it to cover the gap

fully, and extend to the top of the ear. this way the trim does not have to fit

just inside the faceplate. it can extend via slitting the bottom to lay

over the faceplate trim, onto the cap and back, at the upper ear.

hero helmets resemble the MRCE and the brow trim goes all the way to the top of the ear

but is square. there are some who cut the brow trim at an angle.

while looking a little original, the angle is not screen used.

eartop1.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Hi Vern,thanks again for your detailed reply

however I don't understand what you mean clearly by cutting the brow trim that way,I'm pretty sure there are never any from screen cap or on the real helmet go pass the trapezoid :) no I don't cut my brow at an angle,but I don't fully slide it inside. I put a picture at the bottom to show you what I mean :)

and I'm pretty sure on SWhelmets's site that the MR helmets were scan from a 'Stunt' helmet not from a 'Hero' :unsure:

There are one thing that keeps bugging before I move forward......did they actually paint the ears white??

b2626016.jpg

I'm not sure though,I only had this one picture that clearly indicates that the ear(at least on this side) is different in color than the faceplate-cap-back

what do you guys think?

I guess it's okay with the look,ears etc now,but I haven't covered the holes yet :P since this was not meant for trooping o guess it's ok for now :D

77d3cd7b.jpgdbca8b27.jpgaad72cfb.jpg403d64d4.jpgdd5d838a.jpg

can't wait to paint the details! tomorrow I hope,ooo yeah

537032e0.jpg

i still haven't paint it,instead kept adjusting,and found out things about the hero.

I replaced the bottom ear screws a little bit higher,cut out the bottom helmet opening more,Etc and......voilà I made some gaps on the ears.......oh well...but I like it :lol:

3f614ffc.jpg

There are soo many holes that I need to covered up behind these ears :Pf746ce5d.jpgfe7af0d2.jpg

Dont know why I never satisfied with the look from the sides like this(on how the neck trim sits against the tube shape) but I better stop before I cut the whole bottom ear! 8a9da596.jpg14d7a50b.jpg

Here's the worst part,I just realized that the hero ears were only had 3 'bumps' instead of the 'normal' stunts with 4 :( ....bummer,totally my fault though :(56e683c8.jpg don't mind with the yellow arrow,just grabbing every image I could find.

Oh hey guys,did I put this thread in the wrong section? It should be on the assembly and stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@stormchild,hi thanks a lot!! this is built with an AP stunt helmet kit,i'm trying to get a decent look of a 'hero' from it. this is not a spesifically a kit(or common i guess) for this type of helmet to be build,but overall i personally liked how it looks now :) . You can search if you like some info for this kit,he's(AP) also a member here if i'm not mistaken,you can PM him,but i dont know his screen name though :P perhaps someone can shed a light?

@Mark,thanks a lot!! I cant wait to continue to paint this helmet,wish i can bring it on the road :P:o ,hopefully can fit FISD standards when its done :) Thanks again

@stormchild,hi thanks a lot!! this is built with an AP stunt helmet kit,i'm trying to get a decent look of a 'hero' from it. this is not a spesifically a kit(or common i guess) for this type of helmet to be build,but overall i personally liked how it looks now :) . You can search if you like some info for this kit,he's(AP) also a member here if i'm not mistaken,you can PM him,but i dont know his screen name though :P perhaps someone can shed a light?

@Mark,thanks a lot!! I cant wait to continue to paint this helmet,wish i can bring it on the road :P:o ,hopefully can fit FISD standards when its done :) Thanks again

Nice job your doing there i also like the hero lid something about it just looks devilish.

Nice job your doing there i also like the hero lid something about it just looks devilish.

Thanks man!! also there's something about your armor build,it makes tears on my eyes because of joy :D

It's looking good. The AP certainly lends itself to that Hero look.

Thank you sir!

Its finished with the paint job(almost :P )b2574267.jpg

204894db.jpg

the other is! :lol:

EDIT: sorry for poor pics guys :P new pics is on page 2

Hope you guys like him FISD :lol:

Edited by pappy1182

Thanks guys!!

I'm thinking of changing the tube stripes,the pattern's 'rubbishness' is more 'stunt-like'especially from above view but i dont know,what do you think?

Hi Vern,thanks again for your detailed reply

however I don't understand what you mean clearly by cutting the brow trim that way,I'm pretty sure there are never any from screen cap or on the real helmet go pass the trapezoid :) no I don't cut my brow at an angle,but I don't fully slide it inside. I put a picture at the bottom to show you what I mean :)

and I'm pretty sure on SWhelmets's site that the MR helmets were scan from a 'Stunt' helmet not from a 'Hero' :unsure:

There are one thing that keeps bugging before I move forward......did they actually paint the ears white??

b2626016.jpg

I'm not sure though,I only had this one picture that clearly indicates that the ear(at least on this side) is different in color than the faceplate-cap-back

what do you guys think?

Nice observation! One theory could be that they used painted HDPE for the ears (the same ears they had for the stunt, which were made in the same material), while the HERO face plate and dome were white ABS?

And all i know that all ears on ST helmets are white hips or abs or something then painted white,well of course because it was already attached to the helmet during the process.

hey i dont know that the stunt is actually had HDPE for the ears too :(

None of the screen used helmets(as far as i know) had that particular chip,that reveals whats beneath the white paint.

But also misteriously some ears were destroyed :huh: is it that crispy or something? which lends me thinking it was HDPE.

But then i talked to Art,and he said the ears on the hero was plastic but not HDPE,similar but not the same like any other plastic type used for the faceplate-cap. And why the color is different,do you remember an old hasbro stormtrooper figures? :D

That lid is coming along very nicely... love those hand painted tube stripes....Ears cut to perfect spec, teeth cut out nicely and the eyes are spot on too..... keep it up!!

Thanks a lot!! Glad you like him!! :)

Sorry for the dark pics posted earlier guys,here's better ones

sorry if all the pics's too big,iPhone users must've know why :D

ow ye,the black strip hasn't finished yet too :P

41c80429.jpg5f7da5cc.jpg5d4f537a.jpgf854ddb4.jpge9ea2faf.jpg40f36c4b.jpg3908c2d3.jpgd9ad9a09.jpg81a390de.jpg