My ESB Stuff

Okay, this is going to be my build thread. It's still a while off before much will be posted... but I have some pieces starting to arrive, so... HERE... WE... GO!!!!

Here's my holster from Anrev.

It's very, very nice!!!

esb_holster_01.jpg

esb_holster_02.jpg

So, question � and I think I've asked this before � but what are the differences between the ANH E-11 and the ESB E-11?

I need specifics! B)

Edited by Bluey

So, question and I think I've asked this before but what are the differences between the ANH E-11 and the ESB E-11?

I need specifics! B)

(1) Hengstler counter

(2) power cylinders

(3) wires

ANH blaster has them - ESB blaster does not. ;)

(1) Hengstler counter

(2) power cylinders

(3) wires

ANH blaster has them - ESB blaster does not. ;)

Sweet! Thanks!

That means I just have to remove the power cylinders from the top of the ammo case and I'm good to go with my E-11! :D

(what about the D ring? still has it... right?)

(what about the D ring? still has it... right?)

Yes.

And it still has sand all over it, right?

(oh no... darn it... that's just "us"...) :P

My Sci-Fire E-11 with proper modifications for ESB. I also reapinted it and drilled out the "holes" along the barrel. Also drilled a hole in the back for the "d-ring." What's cool is this works for my sandtrooper still as the counter / etc. aren't required for a TD. B)

ESB_E-11_01.jpg

Here you can see (sort of) the holes I drilled out along the barrel...

ESB_E-11_02.jpg

ESB_E-11_03.jpg

ESB_E-11_04.jpg

ESB_E-11_05.jpg

ESB_E-11_06.jpg

Here's the hole I drilled out for the d-ring

ESB_E-11_07.jpg

Here are some more pictures of my blaster. After re-watching the movie again the other night, I repainted it to match more of the look from ESB. Not nearly as much weathering, but it still has a little.

ESB_E-11_08.jpg

ESB_E-11_09.jpg

ESB_E-11_10.jpg

ESB_E-11_11.jpg

It's the Sandy in you, you want to weather and dirty everything up :)

Seriously looks amazing, can't wait to see the full build. Do you have the armor yet? If not, what are you shooting for?

Edit.. can't spell

Edited by Murray1134

Thanks man!

Yeah... you get used to everything being dirty all the time it's hard to clean up your act. ;) haha

And yep, already have armor "on the way"... second set of TE2! :duim:

Edited this because that second set of TE2 is becoming my 2nd TD... and I've ordered a set of TM armor for my ESB.

Edited by No'l

• 4 months later...

Okay guys... I'm actually into the TE2 ESB build now. Cut some armor tonight, so it's really happening! :)

Question: I've read a lot about the butt-joining on the seams. Is that the screen-accurate way to do it?

Thighs?

Greaves?

Etc...

What about the backs? Are the thighs glued / permanent in the back?

Part of what made me wonder was this pic...

ESB-TK-30.jpg

Look at the top of the trooper's thigh in the back.

I looks like it's hooked like the thighs and is "slipping"... or... who knows?

ALSO...

Are the gloves ALL sewn on?

Because a few scenes it seems they're not. Such as when they're "cuffing" Chewbacca.

ESB-TK-24.jpg

And, finally, everyone notice all the times they "flipped" the film for continuity?

Holsters and knee plates all get moved again and again. :D

ESB-TK-51.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I started painting my TE2 ESB (Empire Strikes Back) armor last night and am using Rust-oleum “Appliance Epoxy.†This paint is amazing on HIPS plastic! I primed first with plastic primer, then painted.

The finish is like glass and feels like a refrigerator or stove front! Slightly “rubbery†and very hard!

You can see too how I modified the left thigh on the TE2 to look more like the right thigh at the top. And I have “notched out†the backs of the thighs at the knees in matching with some of the troopers in Empire.

esb_painting7-150x150.jpg esb_painting1-150x150.jpg esb_painting2-150x150.jpg esb_painting3-150x150.jpg esb_painting4-150x150.jpg esb_painting5-150x150.jpg esb_painting6-150x150.jpg

Looks great! Very interesting to see the paint and mods. I'll be watching your build. Good luck!

I'd pop answers in on your prior questions if I was sure of myself on them. But I'd see what others might have on them.

Edited by evnltr