Progress report from FBJ

Hi ive been doing a little work with my tk the last couple of weeks trying to get this finished and suited up today for some pics.

Constructive critisism is welcome and any pointers greatly received, ignore the helmet as its not mine, i still have to put mine together, lol.....

I havent finished work with my thighs either, i need to put on the power pack but i think i will have to trim the plastic at the rear as it doesnt close very well yet...

Let me know what you think :rolleyes: oh and i havent finished painting and putting together my blaster either!

CopyofTKProgressReport025.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport024.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport023.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport020.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport021.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport017.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport016.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport015.jpg

CopyofTKProgressReport014.jpg

Looks good. I need to do the canvas belt mod too... amoung other things. Things I would add are closing the gaps between the abs and back (I used the extra belt pieces that came with my armor). The guys in my garrison use white yard signs for like garage sales and use industrial velcro to hold it in place. Other than that looks like you are ready to roll..... now back to working on all the stuff I need to change.

Looks great so far!!!..as far as what I would change: add elastic strapping between the back and ab plates , and to hold the shoulder bells down..use snaps ..I used velcro on both those areas and they both gave me problems while trooping..I'd also close the ab/back gap..I used a cut up trash can...then get a set of Stevens ab buttons and call it done!!

trooper501take20113.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have much advice to give as i dont even have my own suit, but i've been looking at TK trooper pics for the last 3 or 4 days and would agree that you should close the gap between the abs and the back. Yard sale signs would work, targe has cheap white plastic trash cans that might work well. i've seen other people solve that problem using something other than whats been recommended.. ill go talk to them and see whay they suggest... but other than that looks good... can't wait to see how your blaster turns out.

Looks great, mate. Very shiny. Though... looks at bit wide on the thigh piece at the knee, but I reckon it can't be trimmed in to a closer fit and still have it be comfortable to wear.

:)

Since i took these photo's i have added the ammo pack to the right thigh and have also fixed my thighs onto elastic suspenders which has brought them up a couple of inches and they fit alot better :)

Hopefully i shall finish glueing my TD after a spot of filling sanding and repainting today. The weather here has been so crap the last few weeks i havent bothered trying to spray my blasters which is really getting on my nerves as im back to work on monday and wanted this all finished before then :angry::6:

Im so close to finishing im getting quite exited :D

looks good

Dancing good :dance: so far

Dot forget your right knee battery knee thing, the right one the rectangular one

&

The butt crack thingy, Scott will nail with that one :Laser: ( teasing Scott here :) )

• 3 weeks later...