Jump to content

Lucy

501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

    74
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Lucy

  • Rank
    Sergeant

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    Texas

Standard Info

  • Name
    Lucy
  • 501st ID
    68272
  • 501st Unit
    Star Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

139 profile views
  1. Made my boxes. The lid didn't want to fit over the box, so I had to dip the whole top half in boiling water for about 20-30 seconds. I did the hot water bath after I screwed the lid on so that I could immediately force the lid on before it cooled. Worked well. I then painted the gold screws white to match the box. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  2. Used a tape measure to space the small boxes out as evenly as I could. Bolted them on from the inside. Also used velcro to attach front and back belt pieces. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  3. Thank you so much! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  4. Continued with the strapping this evening. Went with black, wide elastic to attach kidney to butt plate, and used snaps for chest/abdomen plates. Also attached soft velcro to chest plate. Once straps on back plate are permanently glued, I will measure and adjust accordingly. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  5. Thank you so much! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  6. I appreciate that! Thank you. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  7. Gonna attempt the strapping. Also added a bit more plastic to the shoulder bridges so that they really catch the chest plate. Otherwise there will be a huge gap between the two, requiring a YUUUGE glob of glue. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  8. Ok, most of it is trimmed and sanded and put together, except for the belt. Tried it on. Looks ok, I guess! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  9. Forgot to take progress pics, except for these here. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  10. Had help with the sizing of my calves. Was advised to make wider finishing strips, so we measured and I cut 2 strips, 1 3/4 inches wide. Because the calf is so curvy on this kit, I dipped the finishing strips in boiling water and shaped them into a loose "S" shape. That worked beautifully. Was able to glue them on with little effort. Oh, and I got to meet this cute pup named Winnie. She didn't like me at first, but she accepted me eventually.
  11. Problem!!!!! The lower leg pieces are too slim for my big legs. Crikey!!!!! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  12. I scored and snapped the edges of the front part of the thigh. I removed only the curved edge on the back part of the thigh and left the extra ABS and used it as a finishing strip. My mind went blank for a moment and I accidentally removed the extra part on one side. So, I used the extra lip on the back thigh piece as a finishing strip, and used an actual strip on the part I accidentally cut off. Glued, and set for 24 hrs. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  13. So I did the score & snap thing on the calves and shins. They came out very straight, but in hindsight, I shouldn't have dremeled them smooth. I should've just used plain sandpaper, as I think I dremeled too hard in some areas and made the smooth edges wavy. I glued them to the special curved strip and used clamps and magnets tk to hold them for 24 hours. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  14. I used tin snips to carefully cut out the lenses. Attached them with hot glue. In hindsight, I should have used e6000 because I think the heat caused the edge of one of the eye sockets to warp a little. Hardly noticeable, but still there if you really stare. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  15. Bought a screen repair kit because I didn't want to buy a whole roll of screen. It came with a tacky adhesive backing which I just rolled off. I then placed it over the frown and used a silver sharpie to mark the corners. I pretty much eyeballed it, trimmed it, and smeared e6000 on the edges. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...