TKX Armor?

Is anyone familiar or have any experience with FX-TKX armor? Curious, as It was brought to my attention today. I was informed that its a modified FX to accommodate those that are slightly taller & bigger than average.

I bought the new AM armour which so far is fitting great as I do the build and I am 6'2" 250ish, also I hear the the RT Mod is good for larger troopers...never heard of FX-TKX though, maybe some of the more exerperienced troopers will know it...

Wow - news to me and I'd love to get more details if true. Pretty much all makes scale well over 6'+ except the thighs/shins, which are the ones most in need of larger versions.

Encouraging news gentleman especially for someone that fits that size. As for any information on the TKX armor this is all I could currently find -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It is the BIGGER and TALLER version of the FX armor :salute:

Ā 

What does that even mean? Someone laser scanned it an upsized it by 5%? Not sure that would work - Kevin made whole new bucks for his tall/short clone parts, else the proporitions don't always work for the human body.

Ā 

From what I saw it looks like it's just AM, but more info would be helpful.

QUOTE (RogueTrooper @ Jan 6 2010, 07:09 PM)

It is the BIGGER and TALLER version of the FX armor

Ā 

Ā 

What does that even mean? Someone laser scanned it an upsized it by 5%? Not sure that would work - Kevin made whole new bucks for his tall/short clone parts, else the proporitions don't always work for the human body.

Ā 

From what I saw it looks like it's just AM, but more info would be helpful.

Ā 

From what I got from an email from Mike Gordon after inquiring about info on the TKX armor. Not only does it have the sharper detail, it is designed like the FX armor for extra large people. I assumed that everyone knew that the FX armor was already oversized to begin with. (Sorry my bad)

Ā 

I asked Mike in an email what the parameters were for the TKX armor and how it differs from the FX armor. and cost of the kit?

Ā 

I have copied and pasted his reply here:

Ā 

The TKX is sharper detail and made for larger people. Depends on your size "height and weight"

The TKX cost around the same a little more.

But is not EBAY price so if that is what you want best go to ebay and get the copied FX that some are getting . It is cheep becaue the guy copied it from a suit he purchased and the detail is not as sharp.

When a suit shows lines clearly and outlines stick out that is good.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Mike - Imperial Quartermaster - TK1336

StormTrooper 501st

Ā 

What I am getting from his email is that the X in TKX stands for "extra" when refering to clothing size. After normal sizes, small, medium, large, clothing goes to one X, two XX, three XXX. So that is what I meant when I said a bigger, taller version of the FX armor,

Still, the blaster fire at the opening of each page bugs the heck out of me :angry: ! Some people open websites while at work.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, Vic, i know what you mean. The blaster fire off that websites makes me jump everytime too.

Still, the blaster fire at the opening of each page bugs the heck out of me :angry: ! Some people open websites while at work.

Ā 

Ā 

But does get your attention!!!