Starting to make a TK

Hello! I'm gonna start making a TK armor but I'm a total beginner, I'm gonna vacuum form it and i know how to do it, but the base that I'm going to make the plastic models of, is it clay or something? And how do i make the clay so it fits me?

Some people us clay, some use MDF, and other use insulation foam board. Here are great websites that should point you in the right direction, but it is clone armor thought.

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The older FX kits and newer FX (AM = armor master) seem be the most cost effective. There's a few AM builds going on right now that people are documenting.

Don't always go for "cheapest". Cheapest not always the best solution for your needs, and the wrong direction may cause repercussions down the road.

I would suggest if you are looking for inexpensive armor, FX armor, ATA armor, there is also a new armor out there, AM which stands for Armor Master and is the next generation of FX armor.

I've decided that i will try to find a Kit to buy somewhere, that meets up with the requirements of the 501st. Can anyone recommend a armor that i could use for trooping and such that is relatively cheap?