SDS wins appeal in London court

Billhag

He was on BBC news this morning, I see he knows how to rub it in.

Still specifically saying he sculpted the original moulds and also saying that when he built the helmet he built it for a neighbour originally, which got sent to Elstree and then they liked it so much they ordered 50 of them.

It's a new story to me.

Still specifically saying he sculpted the original moulds and also saying that when he built the helmet he built it for a neighbour originally, which got sent to Elstree and then they liked it so much they ordered 50 of them.

It's a new story to me.

If ever more proof of what a lying little felgercarb he is was needed......................... :angry:

It's a new story to me.

I havent seen this but there's nothing new in his story from the appeal. He has always maintained that he sculpted the vac forming buck. Initially he said this was based on the RMQ drawing, until LFL produced a photo of the clay sculpt which forced him to "revise" his story and say that he based his sculpt off that clay sculpt.

Thats the part that most people find somewhat incredulous, since many believe that he merely had to recast the clay sculpt in order to produce a vac-forming buck. Nevertheless, AA was able to convince the court in the original case that he had done this and it seems that LFL didnt contest this point in the appeal (although it was a moot point to the court case since had no bearing on the "rights" issue anyway).

Ainsworth has not changed his position on who the original contracter was - which was Nick Pemberton who worked about 3 doors down from him in Twickenham. It wasnt until Ainsworth made the first helmets that Pemberton told him that it was for a movie project and that he himself was merely the subcontractor, introducing him to John Mollo and the project on an "official" basis.

Cheers

Jez

We all have opinions on this, and I as well, was sucked in by AA's claims way back then. I was one of the "19" - and had custons deliver the 'trooper' helmet to the trading floor of the Investment bank I was working at at the time - pre credit default swaps crash - happier days. Now I'm not happy w/it at all, but the Tie fighter helmet I have (w/decals, pre-US ban) is much nicer, and has a few tells in the helmet, but alas, the faceplate is the same as the 'trooper'

I know AA and I do believe he had something to do with the original sculpt but only as far as preparing and reshaping bucks etc for vac forming. When he said what he did in the first place, I think he had no idea it would come to back him as much as it did. It was unfortunate that he said what he did as I don't think he knew of Elizabeth who sadly passed away.

GL was appealing against 35 copyrights and lost all of them.

Another interesting point is that AA was willing to put his house, 30 years of business and basically his whole life on the line from the start against GL. So he knew something that the LFL big lawyers didn't from the word go. He also had the best copyright lawyers in the country that gave him sound advice it would seem.

The fact that GL didn't contest certain points of the sculpting would suggest that it wasn't as all clear cut as we thought in the first place.

You may not all like the guy from what he has said and what has been read but he must be right on more than we give him credit for.

Incidentally on a different note I'm going over to his workshop in between Xmas and new year for a play on his vac former and experiment with some different plastics for a bit of fun. I may post some pics if anyone is interested. I'm not after a bashing like the last one I got so if you object speak up now and I'll keep them to myself.

Happy Xmas to you all........

Hi Vaj,

Andrew does use a Formech but it is heavily modified with extra tanks to create a huge vacuum far superior to the original. I'll try and get some more info on the table when I go over and play..:)

Mark could you find out if he is ever planning on doing another open day- I missed the last one and would be very interested in popping down. By all accounts he had some interesting things on display last time.