The NEW (improved) FX armor

DarkTrooper

Talking about the NEW FX kit

Was this info ever posted here on the FISD?

I haven't come across any postings here.

I stumbled across this over on our "sandy brothers" forum.

My biggest concern over FX armor is the helmet. I guess aside from the dome being more rounded its still the same "big ol" bucket that we've all known to love.

The creator of this armor says that the new helmet will resemble the MRCE.

Interesting, very interesting.

I don't really see the point in the new version of this armour. There is much more accurate stuff available for around the same price and available in ABS. It has no lineage to anything screen used or original.

It used to be a good option when nothing better was available but now there are so many more choices. I'm all for consumer choice I just don't see a place for this anymore, the only plus would be their customer service which has always been very good.

If the new helmet is much more like a MR CE, why not buy a CE, it is fully assembled and ready to wear out of the box?

Just my 2 cents.

Joe

Well, I really like that the back and ab pieces are now longer and cover more of your sides. No more having to make some homemade shims to bring the two pieces together.

Another advantage of using their newly sculpted helmet is that the color of the plastic will now match in flash photography, which is usually doesn't when using the MRCE with FX armor.

This same info is posted here, but in a 501st-only accessible area. Daniel & Ryan, might I suggest you PM one of the FISD staff and have your status upgraded?

Joe, screen-accurate is not for everyone. Personally I think TM is the closest thing to dead-on accurate ANH armor anywhere out there, and I would love to call myself an owner of TM armor. However, I'm also 6'1", weigh 215lbs, and have been a recreational bodybuilder for over 20 years. A far cry from 5'10", 150lb, and skinny that screen-accurate is best suited for.

Yes, I understand that armor can be shimmed to fit larger folks, but I also believe that you can shim so much that you start to take away from the overall appearance. I love the curves of TM armor, but I'd have to shim so much that I'd end up sacrificing part of what I like most.

What I like about AM (and RT Mod for that matter) is it's more accurate than the FX kit I currently own, but specifically sculpted for larger troopers. A compromise between form and function, but for us bigger guys it's a necessary one.

Just my opinion. :)

I don't really see the point in the new version of this armour. There is much more accurate stuff available for around the same price and available in ABS. It has no lineage to anything screen used or original.

If the new helmet is much more like a MR CE, why not buy a CE, it is fully assembled and ready to wear out of the box?

The only other ABS kits I am aware of cost 1.5 to 2 times the advertised cost of the AM armor. Especially with the weak US dollar.

(AP, TM, RT)

Hard to comment on the helmet as it is still not seen. If it is good, the full kit will probably be a strong competition to the RT kit.

I think the real market here is the bigger trooper. RT seems to do it very well, altough don't see many here.

I'm holding off judgement until I see a completed set on a real person. I agree with Brian - there are different armors to fit every taste, and what works for one is not the best for others. Diversity is a good thing :)

I'm holding off judgement until I see a completed set on a real person. I agree with Brian - there are different armors to fit every taste, and what works for one is not the best for others. Diversity is a good thing :)

That brings up a good point: we are really lucky to have so many different options available for armor.

i´m not a fan of idealiced or complete scratchbuild armor since they will be offered for everyone

but IMO this will be the only armor you could order which is not a recast or something

so IMO there is a need for a reworked FX armor

:duim:

JoeR said there are many choices?

yes there are

but than you have to buy recasts ;-P

love it or leave it