Tubby Trooper

Looking into purchasing my first set of armor. I'm just a bit on the portly side, 5'10" and 215 Lbs. I am looking at ATA and wondering if thats going to be a good fit or not. I have read that FX is the best for the huskey Trooper. Is that right. Just trying to get more info

Thanks

Skater

To be honest, a Scout trooper looks better on a tubby trooper. I have a set of anh armor thats too small for me currently, so I've been going as a Clone w/ cargo pants and a waist cape like a snowtrooper (also another good suggestion). Remember stormtroopers were designed around a 1970's british thin body type.

Hey Andy glad to see you've made the decision to wear plastic for fun. You and I are about the same size except I'm an inch taller and maybe about 10 lbs heavier so I know how you feel. ;) I've got an FX rig right now and have been thinking about upgrading to the ATA. I've heard that if you do it right with shims it should look pretty good. As it stands right now my FX is tight on me, as in "tight like a glove". It all depends on how it's trimmed. Do it right and you should be set.

Should be fine so long as you trim it to fit. Just remember that if your weight fluxuates you want to find a middel ground with your armor fit. My main problem is that I have these things called biceps, and triceps, they really make getting the bicep pieces fit a pain in the thermal detonator. :D

Hay Andy

Have a look at this, i'm the Trooper on the left my mate Adam (Adoo) is 6' 3" and i'm 6' 2" iv'e put on a few pound's but it fits me ok...next DIET

----------

Honestly if you have the shims right then your good to go!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm 5 '10 & and range from 200 to 215 when i'm really plumped up

Here's me in my FX at 215 (clean TK);

gallery_107_187072.jpg

Not terrible, but I can see that i need to lose some weight. Shimming the sides might help hide the massive black expanse.

here's me at 200 in my Sandy (also FX except the helmet)

gallery_69_178_159197.jpg

Better, but the still not slim & trim. The Sandy accessories really help to conceal too.

Next step is to actually diet.