hasbro sound mod?

Hey guys I am building a TS and trying to mod out a hasbro E-11. I am wanting to know if anyone has if there is a way to make the blaster produce the "blaster" sound only. I have searched over the past few hours and have not found anything. I keep looking at the board and want to try and snip wires but dont want to destroy anything!

Thanks for your help!

-Farva

By blaster sound you mean only the shot and not the louder noise it makes as an alternate noise?

I would think its in the soundchip itself...

If money is not an object I can point you out to a few websites that will let you put any sound you want with your blaster...

I remember reading somewhere where a guy had figured out how to do it. For the life of me I can't remember where it was but I'm pretty sure it was either here or over on the main 501st board. When I was using the Hasbro I always wanted it to only make the one sound too. Why they made it like that is stupid.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, mine does as well. I assumed they all did.

if you hold down the trigger on the correct sound, my hasbro stays on the sound chosen when you hold

down.

has anyone else had this happen?

• 9 months later...

i have never heard a hasbro, but if the unwanted sound is before or after the wanted sound you could add a micro-switch to the trigger , it could be positioned to cut off the speaker at the correct time to eliminate the unwanted sound... that is the only practical way i can see doing it without re flashing the ROM chip. i dont believe cutting wires will help :blink: the more advanced way would be to make a filter to cut off the unwanted frequency range. but that would be overkill..

i could do up a how-to easy enough but i dont have a hasbro.. ill make up a wiring diagram if i can make time ;)

if somebody could post up pics of the internals, and upload an audio clip of the sound. that would help