FISD Achievement Award Winners

Daetrin

This forum is to highlight and capture the list of recipients of the FISD Achievement Awards, which was launched with this thread :

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7551

Each time a batch of recipients are announced, their names and citations will be posted here to provide transparency, history, and ease of discovery.

The award program was created in July of 2009 as follows:

It used to be that one way of marking someone's contribution to a forum was their post count, but the reality of forums is that post count does not really correlate at all. That said, I wanted a way to recognize outstanding service to the detachment. Something like the Army Achievement Medal.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/34/Achievement.jpg/450px-Achievement.jpg

So I'm creating the FISD Achievement Medal award program to recognize outstanding achievement or meritorious service to FISD. Anyone can nominate someone for this award, though it can only be awarded by the Detachment Leader.

My goal is to not make this so rare as to be unachievable, but rare enough that it has value. My goal initially is to try to average one a month - think of it like the Trooper of the Month program the Legion has, but in this case the recipient gets a kudo in their profile information.

CAzrC9y.png

With the ribbon like this:

c60EYHG.png

Award Levels

FISD Service Award (1st Award)

LAXjfex.png

FISD Service Award (2nd Award)

eLIPDmO.png

FISD Service Award (5th Award)

1lDnqGh.png

FISD Service Award (6th Award)

X3kBd0H.png

June 2, 2009 : As of today I've split the awards program in to two types: Achievement awards which are now awarded to anyone on FISD as above, but also Service awards which will be awarded for successful completion of service in a staff or adjunct staff capacity on FISD. This way there is a clear distinction between the two.

The Service Award will continue to look as it always did:

rXeGYdP.png

GI4JuQJ.png

Award Levels

FISD Service Award (1st Award)

serviceaward1.png

FISD Service Award (2nd Award)

serviceaward2.png

FISD Service Award (9th Award)

serviceaward9.png

FISD Service Award (10th Award)

serviceaward10.png

FISD Service Award (16th Award)

serviceaward16.png

(and so on)

Award Recipients

10/11/2009 - Bobby TK8786 "Gundamzeppelin" = "bobby fletcher" - New York: Garrison Excelsior

10/11/2009 - Richard TK1845 "Dargas" - Costa Rita Garrison

10/11/2009 - Tony TK4063 "Stomper" - Cloud City Garrison

10/11/2009 - Paul TK???? "troopermaster" -  UK Garrison

10/11/2009 - John TK8456 "john danter" -  UK Garrison

10/11/2009 - Chris TK2052 "Smitty" - Alabama Garrison

10/11/2009 - Brian TK2918 "tkrestonva" - Garrison Tyranus 

10/11/2009 - Doug TK7185 "dougefresh"- Mountain Garrison

10/11/2009 - Joey TK2126 "TK-2126_MD" -  Bolivia Garrison

10/11/2009 - Pete TK2165 "stukatrooper" - UK Garrison

10/11/2009 - Mike TK4510 "TK-4510"- ISG

10/11/2009 - Nathan TK9135 "Runnriottt"- Japanese Garrison

10/11/2009 - Russ TK???? "Ruf Terrain" - Texas

10/11/2009 - Pablo TK8377 "TKDUEUNO- Italica Garrison 

10/11/2009 - John TK???? "Stormtrooper" - UK Garrison

10/11/2009 - Bernard TK8280 "TK8280" - Golden Gate Garrison

10/11/2009 - Thayne TK5401 "ThayNerd" - Central California Garrison

10/11/2009 Steven TK???? "nothingrecorded" - Alpine Garrison

10/11/2009 - Jonathan TK4379 "ForlornHope" - SoCal Garrison

10/11/2009 - Carlos TK4999 "Exodus" -  Golden Gate Garrison

10/19/2009 - Bill TK1650 "Billhag" - UK Garrison 

12/17/2009 - Terry TK2886 "pandatrooper" - Outer Rim Garrison

02/09/2010 - Tom TK5940  "RogueTrooper" - Carolina Garrison

02/01/2010 - Damian TK7388 "Dmian" - Spanish Garrison

06/03/2010 - Mark TK8993 "firebladejedi" - UK Garrison

10/27/2010 - Mason TK4603 "dashrazor" - New England Garrison

10/27/2010 - Karin TK????? "Sonnenschein" - Austrian

06/05/2013 - Glen TK854211 "gmrhodes13" - Desert Scorpion Garrison

09/02/2013 - Pete TK2165 "stukatrooper" - UK Garrison

09/02/2013 - Bill TK1650 "Billhag" - UK Garrison (2nd Award)

09/02/2013 - Steve TK7270 "SW1" - UK Garrison

09/02/2013 - Gary TK2739 "89Batman" - UK Garrison

09/02/2013 - Kevin TK812 "kwdesigns" - Southern California Garrison

09/11/2015 - Clint TK61281 "camprandall" - Dune Sea Garrison

12/05/2015 - Germain TK14492 "The5thHorseman" - French Garrison

05/09/2016 - Tony TK10116  "ukswrath" - Golden Gate Garrison

10/08/2017 - Jim TK82480  "jimmiroquai" - Philippine Garrison

12/14/2018 - Mathias TK2595 "Locitus" - Swedish Garrison

09/10/2020 - Anthony TK10666 "Redforce" - Northeast Remnant

07/06/2021 - Glen TK854211 "gmrhodes13" - Desert Scorpion Garrison (2nd Award)

01/24/2022 - Joseph TK10963  "justjoseph63" - Florida Garrison

01/16/2023 - Caleb TK73692  "MaskedVengeance" - Midsouth Garrison (Note Caleb had not been legion approved at the time of receiving the award)

Edited by gmrhodes13
Updated text
  • Like 4

JULY 2009 RESULTS

After compiling the records and discussing it with staff, I'm awarding the initial batch of 20 to the following folks:

Chazz (Gundamzeppelin) - pushed fabric belts early on

Commander Dragas - helping out many new folks

Tony (Stomper) - promoting correct hovis with speakers

Paul (T M) - numerous contributions in terms of information regarding costumes

John Danter - first Space Trooper, among many achievements

Chris (Smitty) - contributions too numerous, helping out many new folks

tkrestonva - always helping out new folks with comments, contributing more than many staff

dougefresh - numerous posts helping and encouraging new members

Joey (TK 2126 MD) - enthusiasm and tenacity in *being* Outpost Bolivia

Pete (Stukatrooper) - awesome tutorials that help out many troopers

Mike (TK-4510) - ground breaking tutorials on helmets

Nathan (TK-9135) - helping out new folks, adding to esprit de corp with his spirit of giving

Russ (Ruf Terrain) - pioneering the accurate ab buttons in tutorial and sales back when the FISD was brand new

TKDueno - for showing us what a real E-11 looks like

Stormtrooper - first to bring us latext hand plates

TK-8280 - first ROTJ EIB

ThayNerd - first ANH/ESB EIB

nothingrecorded - hours of dedication in getting the visual requirements for the TK commander nailed down

ForlornHope - for pushing almost single handedly at times to get the TK commander details worked out

Also, prior staff : Carlos, Scott M., Exodus, TK4999 all for their service.

Wow, that seems like a lot, huh? Perhaps in light of the fact that we have 5,839 registered members, and about 500 detachment members (that's 501st AND TK), this is less than 5% of our detachment membership. That's an even more select group than our EIB members (about 80 so far).

Congrats to the recipients. Thank you so much for your dedication to the detachment. As Synaptyx says as our unofficial motto: Troopers Helping Troopers! That's what FISD is all about.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Feb 2010

From out of nowhere Tom (RogueTrooper) has taken FISD by storm, in 6 months clearing over 750 posts. What's most amazing that instead of just "me too" type of posts, these have ranged from polls, helping people on build threads, much welcome research on stormtrooper nuances. The quality of his contributions and his positive and helpful attitude truly have embraced the spirit of "troopers helping troopers". I can think of no one person who's given back as much as he has recently.

As such, I'm awarding Tom the FISD Service Award medal for outstanding service to the FISD community.

Congrats Tom - it's well deserved!

:salute:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

FEB 2010

I'm pleased to announce that FISD's latest Service Award goes to Damian (Dmian) TK-7388. Not only has Damian greatly helped in clearing the backlog of EIB photos, he was the main driving force for getting the Spanish language forum started, and thus the whole concept of the Imperial Embassies. He's created four of the five topics to date in Ayuda en español and translated key content such as the Expert Infantryman overview and standards and an AP tutorial. In a matter of days there are 30 posts in this section, and it's creation has lead to a similar area in German and soon to be Italian as well.

This leadership will have a key affect on making FISD more readily assessable to troopers who are not fluent English speakers, allowing them to share in the knowledge created here.

On behalf of FISD, thank you for your service Damian!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

May 2010 : I would like to award Mark Gage (FireBladeJedi) for exceptional service to FISD.

The full citation follows and was posted here: http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11246

As a Thank You for all of Mark's hard work and contributions to FISD, Nathan (Runnriottt) has graciously created this memorial of appreciation on behalf of the detachment.

----------------

Being the first ESB EIB, Detachment Armorer, promoting canvas belts, helping out new troopers - Mark has time and again given of himself to help everyone in our hobby be better.

Please join me in saluting Mark for all he's done, and raising a glass in cheers.

:pint1:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 months later...

October 2010:

I'm am pleased to add Sonnenschein (Karin Petschuch) to the rolls of FISD Achievement Award winners. She has resurrected the art of latex hand plates and selflessly shares all her information, in addition to also helping out troops acquire d-rings.

I'd also like to congratulate Mason Carson, for his outstanding work in fleshing out the Incinerator Trooper for the 501st and FISD. This ranged from the first ever flamethrower build-out, adding game textures, paint references, hyper accurate pauldron build - as our first (and so far only) ICN EIB, he's created the bar for all troopers to follow.

Congrats troops!

• 2 years later...

June 2013

Troops,

It's been a while since we've handed out a FISD Achievement award but its time again to recognize one of our own. 

Congratulations to Glen TK-85421 (gmrhodes13) of the Terror Australis garrison. This Centurion's daily dedication to Troopers Helping Troopers has earned him this medal. It is clear that Glen reads every thread religiously and posts often. He is always on hand to welcome a new member warmly. Many TKs come to FISD, learn what they need to learn, grab their EIB and rarely pop back in. Glen is one of the few who has stuck around to perpetuate the community based resource that is the FISD. 

Thanks man. 

With Aloha,

-Eric

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sept 2013

All,

At the suggestion of our founder am I proud to give the Celebration Europe II Ralph Mcquarrie troopers each a FISD Achievement Award for their amazing accomplishment.

• Pete Brebner - TK-2165 (stukatrooper)
  • Billy Haggis - TK-1650 (Billhag)
  • Steve Weir - TK-7270 (SW1)
  • Gary Hailes - TK-2739 (89batman)
  • Kevin Weir - TK-812 (kwdesigns) 

This is Billy and Pete's second award for their contributions to FISD. 

-----------------

Beyond the fact that KW captured the utter essence of the concept trooper, he did so in an amazingly short time frame. His first post was in January of this year and 7 months later KW and the UKG debuted his armor at CEII. There are few people around that could sculpt and pull sets a new armor design that quickly. The UKG's incredible skill and dedication allowed them to assemble and fit the armor in record time as well. 

For those that haven't been following the RMQ thread here on FISD, Gary was recently cleared as the first concept trooper in the Legion. 

Congrats guys and thank you for sharing your hard work and passion. 

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sept 2015

All,

As of today we have a new recipient of the FISD Achievement Award: Clint Randall (TK-61281)

At some point during the development of the First Order Stormtrooper CRL I realized I did not have the wherewithal to finish what we had started. I contacted Clint and asked if he would lead the charge. And lead he did. If it were not for his diligence, dedication and perseverance the CRL would not be green today. 

As the Alpha 75 TFA TKs were building their kits a private forum was opened for everyone to post build photos and ask questions before Celebration 7. Clint was the binding force during the arduous and quick build. He pioneered building techniques, kept us organized, and cheered us on. While that all didn't occur on FISD Clint embodied the true spirit of Troopers Helping Troopers. He continues his thankless work here on FISD with his build thread and helping other TFA troopers get up and running. 

So thanks Clint for saving my CRL butt.

-Eric

Clint's TFA Fu is strong. 

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 13

This is well deserved. A big shout out to Clint for taking on a huge amount of work, doing it very well, and keeping the wheels going when things got stuck. Your work and dedicated have benefited many.

Congratulations :salute:

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Dec 2015

Troopers Helping Troopers. How many times per day do we see those words here at FISD?

There are countless singular examples of it here daily. They come in many forms, encouraging others to keep on building when it gets overwhelming, congratulating individuals on achieving EIB and/or Centurion, or even supplying advice to new forum members when it comes to considerations to look at before choosing armor.

As previously mentioned, examples abound.

Still, it is rare that any one member does something that has a legitimately tremendous impact on the TK community at large – but it happens.

Recently, one member did something that can be described in exactly that way.

With a new movie imminent, there are bound to be many new costumes and props that enter our universe. Naturally our world is a-flutter with detail debates, and photo analysis while everyone attempts to learn what is right and accurate so that the costumes and props can be accurately reproduced.

At the height of these discussions Germain Graziano, TK-14492 of the French Garrison (FISD’s own “The5thHorseman”), taught himself to use 3D rendering and print software in order to complete a personal project to bring a very accurate printable representation of the F-11D, complete with some functioning parts, and ready for electronics installation with very little modification. As if being able to have a near-screen accurate blaster months before the movie even premiered was not enough, Germain made the files available for everyone to have and print - for free.

This undertaking that he poured himself into is the epitome of Troopers Helping Troopers, and it is these actions that have earned Germain the FISD Achievement Award.

On behalf of the Staff, and a grateful Detachment, thank you and congratulations Germain!

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

May 2016

As everyone knows, getting an FISD Achievement Medal is a rare thing. If it were easy to get, it's value would be diminished. So as noted in the first post, we reserve it for exceptional service to the 501st stormtrooper costuming community, aka FISD.

One trooper in particular has stood out recently for repeated, meritorious services, namely building best of tutorials that have been used and followed by many, both those of the Empire and First Order persuasions.

Congratulations are in order to Tony aka ukswrath, so has seflessly provided our members with detailed tutorials and exeplarly patience and politeness to all questions asked.

Please join me in honoring him on this special achievement.

• Like 18

Truly, there isn't anything that I can say that will properly glorify or further reinforce the impact that Tony has had on the Detachment, and the global TK community at large. My sincerest thanks and congratulations on this award, Tony. The honor is truly ours. Thank you.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Oct 2017

Jim Tripon TK-82480 (aka jimmiroquai) has made substantial contributions to the Legion and FISD in particular by bringing to life the Rogue One Stormtrooper and The Last Jedi costumes as well.  His creativity, energy, and dedication to stormtrooper costuming has earned him special recognition in service to the Legion community.  In recognition, I am please to award Jim the FISD Achievement Medal.  Well earned, and we as a costuming club are thankful to you and all you continue to do.

With unquestioned loyalty,

TK-8020 "Daetrin"

FISD Founder | DL

• Like 9

• 10 months later...

Dec 2018

Troopers, it's been brought to my attention that Locitus' name has not been brought forth yet on this thread, yet he is a recipient nonetheless. 

This is entirely an oversight on previous administrations, which may and truly have been one of my own!  Either way, we should ensure that the reasons are posted transparently so that the integrity of the award is beyond doubt.

Mathias (Locitus) has been on staff many years as you can see from his staff award badge, including being a former DL.  However there have been years where this is not the case, and Mathias has many times over not only been a tremendous help and resource for new members, but has been one of the key players in keeping our forums up to date, recovering them when an upgrade has proven unstable, and put in many hours resolving technical issues that otherwise would bedevil this detachment that few outside of the command and site admin team will ever know.  He is truly an FISD legend and clearly deserving of this merit.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Sep 2020

It has indeed been a long time since we have awarded a member this accolade, and it's rarity makes it all that more important to an awardee and the detachment at large.

Anthony Paladino TK10666( aka Redforce) is one such trooper worthy of this accolade for his meritorious behavior. 

Anthony has continued to support his fellow troopers through the attache system, initially earning him the attache award. 

Anthony again stepped up recently to helm a rather large patch run which ran its course in a record time from the first post in the sales thread, to the last package posted.

Not only has this run just wrapped up  but Anthony is now helping Joseph with the 11' Victory 1000 patch run, educating him on his excellent system of organising and shipping packages, lets also add to this that he has also offered to write up a "How to" of what he does to make a merch run fast and efficient, something the detachment will continue to benefit from now, and into the future.

Please join me in congratulating Anthony on this achievement of excellence.

With unquestioned loyalty

TK11469 "Sly11"

DL

• Like 11

• 9 months later...

July 6th 2021

Sometimes it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that a member stands apart from the rest, not on occasion but on a consistent basis. 

Glen Rhodes has dedicated an enormous part of his time to the members of this detachment and to maintenance and upkeep of these forums.

He has been intrinsic in the revamp and clean up and given nothing less than 110% at everything he has applied himself to here at FISD.

This will be the second time Glen has more than earned this accolade placing him in a very select group indeed.

I believe his work and dedication shows clear merit.

TK11469 "Sly11"

DL

• Like 15

• 6 months later...

January 24th 2022

Joseph Pedigo (justjoseph63) as many of you can attest, gone over and above, consistently doing something to benefit the detachment. Things that go well outside of his deployment office duties, year upon year.

Everything he has done was of his own volition, and done with passion for the benefit of as many members as possible.

I find no one more deserving of this, our detachments highest accolade, and feel privileged to be able to bestow it on Joseph for his continued and outstanding efforts over so many years of service.

Thank you Joseph, your "How to" guides are legendary, your sales items incredible in detail, and your generosity and loyalty unquestionable.

Please join me in congratulating Joseph on this hard earned and well deserved award.

TK11469 "Sly11"

DL

• Like 17