EIB sub-forums suggestion

Nassik

After spending a bit of time in the EIB request forum I suggest that it be divided into three sub-forums...

ANH EIB requests

ESB EIB requests

RoTJ EIB requests

I realize that the vast majority of EIB requests are for ANH stormtroopers but surely not all of them are.

I went to look through the EIB request forum for RoTJ troopers and I had a devil of a time trying to wade through it. In the end I gave up. I know of at least one RoTJ Elite but no one should have to wade through request after request in order to get an idea of the armor versions being represented.

Of course, you could further sub-divide these into Hero and stunt variants within each of the major three sub-forums but I'm not here to suggest that degree of specialization. Instead, I'm suggesting a way to make the EIB requests a bit easier to access and a lot clearer to understand. By creating these three sub-forums it would better enable the FISD to keep an accurate tally of its Elite members and these proposed sub-forums would enable the FISD to analyze the armor trend preferences of the FISD membership (ANH versus ESB versus RoTJ). And by creating these three sub-forums, the people reviewing the requests would know precisely what they're going to be looking at before they actually see pictures of the kits. And this fore-warning would give reviewers a moment to envision an Elite kit in the appropriate version so that they've got an example in mind to compare the requests to.

I further realize that this proposal would require forum moderators to wade through the EIB request forum in order to organize it and redistribute all of the threads in that forum into their appropriate sub-forums. Despite the effort this would require I do think that the benefits of this suggestion are worth the effort. After all, the goal of a great many FISD members is to attain Elite status. By making the EIB request forum easier to navigate and understand we give members one more resource to study as they strive to perfect their armor.

I thank you for your time.

Seems like a good idea, especially if you're going for something other than ANH EIB. Not sure how hard it is to implement, but it sounds good.

I'd also toss in Stormtrooper Commander and Heavy Weapons Trooper as their own categories.

I like the idea of making data easier to find but think creating sub-forums to be a bit much as we already have quite a lot of forums on FISD.

I'd like to suggest instead it just be part of the title on the applicants - I can go back and update them as needed. Also, I was going to do this to add *done* to the subject as well when completed so it's easier to see what's in progress (MEPD does it this way).

Would that work?

It would make things easier but you'd still have to wade through the EIB request forum to find the armor version that you were looking for. Creating these sub-forums doesn't necessarily add volumes of information to the FISD forums. After all, the posts are already in there. It would just be a matter of shuffling them into designated areas.

And if each request is gone through and labeled correctly it's not that much more effort to move it to a sub-forum. And this is only for the posts that already exist in the EIB request forum. Any new requests would immediately start in the appropriate sub-forum.

I like the idea of adding "DONE" to the accepted EIB requests. Combine this idea with the sub-forum idea and I think we've got a winning combination that makes EIB requests easier to access and easier to understand.

At this time there are less than 100 EIB troopers. I don't know how this number compares to EIB requests but it does give us a rough idea of the number of EIB requests to be shuffled into new sub-forums if they are created.

Well there is a little known secret, all the background images on the EIB page are movie specific. That should narrow the field as there are 4 ANH, 2 ESB, and 2 ROTJ, a staff exclusive, and a founder exclusive backgrounds that I use.

Alright. But how does that help display each ANH, ESB, and RoTJ trooper? If I'm looking for RoTJ Elite stormtroopers how do I single them out? The sub-forum idea would do just that. By splitting each EIB request into a dedicated sub-forum it would make research a lot easier. All the ANH folks would know right where to go in order to see other Elite ANH troopers to use as examples, as would ESB and RoTJ troopers as well.

There are also Force Unleashed troopers as well as Heavy Weapons troopers. There may be Elite troopers in those groups as well that I am not aware of.

I understand that creating these sub-forums would take a bit of effort to shuffle all the EIB request threads into their appropriate places. This would be a great convenience for the FISD, though.

I just don't think there are enough EIB worth making forums out of. There are just a few pages - it would take seconds to find any non-ANH with a few clicks. You an also search for ESB or ROTJ in that particular folder and find them even faster.

Running a search, I come up with only one RoTJ Elite application. Do you think that's correct? I thought there would be at least one more than that. Especially with the recent interest I've been seeing in the RoTJ kit.

Right now we only have one ROTJ EIB.

Oh' wow. Thanks. That's all I really wanted to know. I thought there would've been more but that's alright. Thank you.