naatsirhc's ATA build[*ATA]

naatsirhc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my excitement, I forgot to thank you again Paul. So, a huge thank you for those kind words B):D

Ben,

I am more than happy to help, just let me know if I can be of assistance. Thank you!

I would also like to acknowledge 2 more great guys who have helped with future projects.

Wyatt (TK4205)- for the great cargo straps

Bernard (TK8280)- for the cool ANH holster

• 3 months later...

Hey there,

I decided it's time to update my build thread with my helmet mods. After trooping a couple of times, I realized a couple things. People can not hear you well from your bucket and it gets hot and sweaty in there. With some help from some squad members I obtained some generic hovis w/ speakers, amp and mic. Got some tubing and ran some wires. I got my fan from TK-4261, this is an awsome gem of a fan that sucks from one side and has a wide blow vent. He saved the day, ATA is probably the smallest bucket and I was having trouble finding something to fit. It runs on 3 AAA batteries and has lasted several trooping events at a time. The ATA bucket is very similar to the AP, at first glance they look the same. The biggest diff I found was the tube area on the cap-n-back

is more shallow on the ATA, so I had to place my battery boxes in the face. I have added padding to the front and back to stablize the helmet and provide range of motion. I used a locking velcro for the fan, and industrial for the padding, amp and battery boxes. The fan is controlled by the red push button and the sound a rocker switch. Let me know what you guys think!

upgrades1.jpg

upgrades2.jpg

upgrades3.jpg

upgrades4.jpg

upgrades6.jpg

upgrades7.jpg

upgrades8.jpg

Christaan, wow. I didn't see your build thread until now. Amazing. I love the split cable tubing running around the neck of your bucket like a cable raceway. I may incorporate that in my bucket even though I'll initially only be managing a fan and battery pack.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the paint on Plastidip, expensive and worth it. I gutted my bucket and re-painted the black back in. The overspray from the painter negated my spray job and it has been driving me crazy. I brushed in 3 coats and let cure for a day. Replaced my mic tip holder w/ a black one and re-installed my electronics. I am really happy w/ the end result, it looks so much cleaner.I still need to add a bit more padding in the dome, but I am ready for trooping. I have a second fan to add when needed and have figured out how to get one more battery box into my little ATA.

Here is the new and improved black interior

lidredo1.jpg

lidredo2.jpg

lidredo3.jpg

Would you happen to have the specific product name from Plastidip by any chance? I went to their website, and it looks like they have a million products. I'm curious as to which one you used, and the size container you bought.

Thanks!

Tom,

Performix is the maker. My can is 14.5 oz. Here is a pic of the can. ;)

plastidip.jpg

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to update my build with some pics of my new physique. I am finally screen accurate(no more shims :D ).

A few outside shots

4820.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

4820a.jpg

If you are trying to lose the shims I suggest you follow the trooper fit club!

• 5 months later...

Thank you Wayne!

I lost 50 pounds, was 235 with a 36-37 waist to 185 with a 33 waist. I have since gained some back due to stress, but I am still able to fit my armor. I currently have a 34 inch waist.

Luis,

I started to review the trooper fit club thread and followed some of the important tips. I, basically, used the target brand of slim fast shakes(Royale) and drank 2 a day with one meal trying not to exceed 2000 and no less than 1500 calories each day. I have since gained back 10 pounds from stress and will soon go back to this method to loose 15 pounds and then begin a regular workout schedule. It took me 5-6 months to loose the 50 pounds.

• 1 year later...

armor upgrades- getting much closer to centurion.

thigh-

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

detonator-

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

calves-

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

next up will be replacing side rivets and crotch