OMG I have chosen my armour!

I recently posted a similar thread on my local garrison forum, but I thought I would share my decision with my fellow FISD members as well!

I've chosen my TK armour, I've decided to go with an AP kit. As this is my first kit, I wanted to make it right from the start, and from my research, the AP kit is very much respected in this and other forums...

I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives, I'm sure I won't be able to contain my excitement!

I'm still unsure though on what type of Build I want to go for, I really love the black teeth of the ESB helmet, but I think I'll decide all that stuff later, right now I'm just stoked to have finally come to a decision, i think I've been driving my wife crazy talking to her about all the pro's and con's of all the different types of armour, lol, sound familiar anyone?

Anyway just wanted to share that with you guys, can't wait to get that little postal note in the mail box "a package was delivered, get your bum to the post office, pronto!"

Dave.

P.S

check out my band! You'll notice a lot of star wars tributes in a lot of our artwork on our myspace page, under "poster art" www.myspace.com/thepassouts

hell, i even called my first E.P with the band "choose your helmet" with a very tastefully done shot of a hero stormtrooper helmet, see for yourself!

RO59oFd.jpg

W7X9j3p.jpg

You can hear all five tracks for free of "Choose your helmet" on our website: www.thepassouts.com

if you like what ya hear, you can download the whole E.P from I-tunes! just search for "The Pass Outs" in i-tunes, and hit download! (please, only 1 person has ever downloaded it, so it would make my year if someone actually did, lol) or if you want to get your hot little hands on an actual CD go to http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/ThePassOuts

Anyway, thats enough shameless self promotion, back to the Armour! I can't wait for it to be actually in the house so i can get off the damn computer, and into the garage to work on this bad boy! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

P.P.S What's the safest, cheapest way to send money overseas? i need to pay for my armour, but i don't want to get stung a whole heap in fee's, paypal apparently charge 4% of the total amount sent, any suggestions?

Dave.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Hi Dave!

I'm glad you chose AP. :)

It's a great armor. I'm finishing the assembly of mine now and I'm very happy with it.

First: I know you're very excited now, but if you want a word of advice, I'll tell you you'll have to be very, very patient with your armor. I had to wait 3 months for my armor to arrive here in Spain. So, find yourself something to do until you get that big, lovely box filled with white glory. :lol:

I did a little of research, bought the extra things needed for the assembly (tools, straps, elastics, underbody, shoes, accurate belt, etc.)

You'll need a blaster too, so do a little research on that matter. Basically you can scratch-build one (look for the Blaster Builders Club,) buy a kit, do a Hasbro conversion or buy a fully assembled replica off the net.

Maybe there's some kind of money transfer service in Australia that's cheap, but that 4% is not much, really. I used PayPal and everything went without incidents.

In any case, ask the guys with APs in your local garrison what they've used to send the money. They can be your best source of information for practical matters.

Cheers.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021