Frown Screen

I found screen that I thought would be appropriate at Home Depot, but they only had it in huge rolls. Is there a source for smaller pieces? Do you guys keep the screen in with just a lot of hot glue? One layer of screen or multiple ones glued on top of each other?

Just buy the whole roll, cut the small piece you need and return the rest. Only if you don't have a guilty conscience about such a thing. j/k

I ended up buying a whole roll too but I haven't (and probably won't) returned the rest. It's a LOT! I could rescreen half my house.

I could send you some if you want. Let me know.

I haven't seen any other way but to buy the whole big roll. Such a waste, you need to buy 6 ft, so you can use 6 inches.

For a slight alternative, I didn't really like how the window screening looked or felt on my nose, so I found some black lace like fabric. Took about 4 layers to make it so the camera flash couldn't see my face. It was a bit easier to work with, found in smaller amounts, and some simple hot glueing is all it took to install.

I felt that the thickness of the avarge screen door was to thin for my taste so i check my dad garage/storage and found a old mic with nice thick stainless mesh from the 50`s and flattened it out and cut that into sqaures and spratyed them black and glued with a glue gun. worked out nice.

• 2 weeks later...