501st Application

Sgt Steve

Well, I'll be starting the "In and Out" routine to complete my med release from the military this fall now that the summer leave season is over for the Vet Affair's people ect, and I hope to see my new Rt rig soon.......hint...hint Mr Rob :P , and I think I have seen some post by other plastic fetish nut's like me from the Vancouver B.C location. Any one here from or near myself like to see about starting up some thing like a "Garrison or Squad"? Would it be hard to get a 501st garrison started?

Well, I'll be starting the "In and Out" routine to complete my med release from the military this fall now that the summer leave season is over for the Vet Affair's people ect, and I hope to see my new Rt rig soon.......hint...hint Mr Rob :P , and I think I have seen some post by other plastic fetish nut's like me from the Vancouver B.C location. Any one here from or near myself like to see about starting up some thing like a "Garrison or Squad"? Would it be hard to get a 501st garrison started?

Well Steve, it would depend on how willing is the Badlands Garrison to break up its territory into two smaller garrisons.

You'd need at least the support of 24 more legion members in your area and the garrison blessing or a pretty good argument to form a new garrison in the territory of the actual garrison. Then it's just a matter of sending the application to the 501st for evaluation.

If you want to form a squad you'll need the support of 9 more garrison members in your area. Again, this kind of action might require the blessing of the Badlands Garrison.

If I were you I'd talk with them about this subject.

But, if you're not in good term with them, just gather some members (or prospective 501st members) and send your application to the 501st.

It's all in the Legion Charter on the 501st web site.

Thank's guy's for the info, maybe I need to be a bit more clear, first my "intent" is not to start a mini-insurrection. Yes I have seen and had a quick look at the 501st main page. My point is I am waaaaay out here in Delta BC, and the Bad lands is head quartered just outside Edmonton, I think. So to be able to have a sit with the lad's and chat, review kit to see if it's upto 501st standard stuff like that, is not very practical. To be able to take part in most troop event's and the like is not that easy. If you have seen the coin I have recently dropped to get a very well made ANH TK rig going, hell is make my head swim! :blink: So a lot of plane ride's is not in the budget! (i mean are we all sane doing stuff like this? :P ) If the Bad Lands will let me in cool, but this is going to be a problem.

Assuming you can get the requisite number of troopers, it sounds like establishing a squad within the BG is the way to go.

The Florida Garrison is subdivided into several squads, you might want to talk to them for some practical advice.

I believe there is a squad in Badlands Garrison for the Vancouver area. But when you join the 501st you always join the home garrison since squads are a subset.

Yup, there sure is a group in Vancouver. If you ever want a change of scenery, you can head down to my neck of the woods in Seattle.

Vancouver is probably one of if not the the best cities in North America to live - you're lucky for ending up there. :)

Yes. Well, American countries are so big that having several garrisons in one country makes sense.

The same probably doesn't apply to Europe, where countries are small.

Just talk to the guys in your garrison then, they'll find a way to solve the problem.

BTW: I'd love to visit Vancouver one day. I have friends from Argentina that used to live in Nanaimo. :)

I guess the first step is to get a full set of armour done and ready to have for a Application for the 501st.....as soon as Mr Rob get's back to his real job pumping out bucket's and armour and stop this silly stuff about flying plane's! :lol: Oh and just who is this mystery trooper squad in Vancouver? Got a number for them? (see not once did I crack a joke about any air-force types like Rob!)

• 1 month later...

Sgt Steve or anyone else, is there any more info on this squad from vancouver? What's the name of the squad? The search function on Badlands doesn't work, so I can't search for any info. Portions of the site don't seem to work, so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

I'm very close to Vancouver, and it would be great to find out about more troops in my area! I've searched for members on 501st and I can see about 5-6 TK's listed, but I don't know much more than that.

Also, if there's any members here that are part of the Badlands Garrison, could you get someone from that Garrison to contact me? I've been trying to register on Badlands for a week and tried to contact their GWL, GML and XO by mail and I still haven't received a reply or response from anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Sgt Steve or anyone else, is there any more info on this squad from vancouver? What's the name of the squad? The search function on Badlands doesn't work, so I can't search for any info. Portions of the site don't seem to work, so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

I'm very close to Vancouver, and it would be great to find out about more troops in my area! I've searched for members on 501st and I can see about 5-6 TK's listed, but I don't know much more than that.

Also, if there's any members here that are part of the Badlands Garrison, could you get someone from that Garrison to contact me? I've been trying to register on Badlands for a week and tried to contact their GWL, GML and XO by mail and I still haven't received a reply or response from anyone.

Thanks in advance!

I also tryed to get someone by email, but no responce. But I think the first step is now done! Right now I'm back with the "doc office,poke,prod,more admin, so right now i'm not even working on my trooper kit, so when I get done with that, about 2 odd week's, I'll start back with it. So Panda, that's myself, and you, two down and what we need 2 more for a squad?

Hey Steve, I did some more research and found the "Outer Rim Squad" which is an existing squad within the Badlands Garrison, and is focused on BC and the lower mainland :) Looks to be a good opportunity to join there.

http://www.outerrimsquad.net/outerrimhome.html

I'm going to try and contact them today to see if they can clarify anything re: contacting the Badlands Garrison, and what exactly we're supposed to do. I'll keep you posted by PM.

I still need to work on my armor so it will be a little while before I've completed it to my liking, but when I do I'll be ready to sign up!

If there's any others FISD members here in the in the Lower mainland region of BC, let me and Steve know by posting here!

Hey awesome! I saw your posts a while back, glad you decided to keep your armor!

Hang tight guys, I FINALLY got a reply from Outer Rim - they're a BC based squad within the Badlands Garrison. They run the events that take place in the interior and Vancouver (they've marched in the PNE parade, how cool is that?)

They put me in touch with someone on Badlands and can get us more registration info (if you're not registered already).

*Erwin: We'd be part of the "Outer Rim Squad", a part of the Badlands Garrison. So there wouldn't be a Vancouver based garrison due to number of people, etc..

I found out that the admin from Badlands may be out of town due to work, as there's several broken areas on the site (you can't register or search) and you obviously can't see forums that require registration.

Once I get more info, I'll post it up or send you guys PM's. Thanks.

Hey awesome! I saw your posts a while back, glad you decided to keep your armor!

Hang tight guys, I FINALLY got a reply from Outer Rim - they're a BC based squad within the Badlands Garrison. They run the events that take place in the interior and Vancouver (they've marched in the PNE parade, how cool is that?)

They put me in touch with someone on Badlands and can get us more registration info (if you're not registered already).

*Erwin: We'd be part of the "Outer Rim Squad", a part of the Badlands Garrison. So there wouldn't be a Vancouver based garrison due to number of people, etc..

I found out that the admin from Badlands may be out of town due to work, as there's several broken areas on the site (you can't register or search) and you obviously can't see forums that require registration.

Once I get more info, I'll post it up or send you guys PM's. Thanks.

First it's a squad, then we get up to platoon size, then garrison, after that .."We Take Over The World!!!"...Ahahahahaha...sorry sorry...it's the med's :P

Actually it's a good idea. We've been hoping that our group in eastern WA eventually is big enough for a squad size. Vancouver isn't that far away - would be nice to have more troopers just that side of the border.