Mounting a Holster on a canvas belt

Hi, I just got a great canvas belt and a holster from a couple of memebers here. The holster that I got was ANH style and has the tan leather strips. I have a couple of questions on the correct way to mount it. The leather strap are attached to the back side of the belt correct? Where should I punch the hole on the belt, in the middle, towards the top or towards the bottom? How much of the tan leather strap should be showing, if at all? Accuaracy is imporatant because I'm on final stretch to submit my suit for FISD approval.

Any feed back will be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

Leave about one inch of the strap showing and only one rivet per strap for stunt or two for hero. Punch a hole roughly half an inch from the bottom edge of the belt for stunt and an extra one the same distance from the top if going for a hero. Use a rivet and a washer on the back side to prevent it pulling through the canvas.

Hey Super Trooper! Thanks for the info. I was planning on using chicago screws! I prefer to use these where I can, because they do make things easier to remove. I acutally used some chicago screws with some of armor assembly. I used to them to attach thigh pieces to straps and then used the chicago screws again on the belt that I wear to keep my things up. I just cut small sheets of stylene, punched holes in the strylene for the post and glued the post and the piece of strylene to inside of the armor. Washers are also very important when using these screws, just like rivets. when it involves fabric.

I used the "hidden snap" method that Billhaq suggested, Dave. If I make it up to Connecticon, I can show you.

You can search his threads, too (since my camera isn't playing nice), but it basically involves riveting the male snap to the canvas belt so rivets show on the outside and the male snap faces inside for the accurate look. But then a female snap is on the holster strips facing the belt, so the whole thing is easily removable. I love it. :D

I used riviets that were place on a plastic square,on one side i place industrial velcro and on the belt i place velcro. so this way the actual holster is removable.

And i used snaps for the plastic belt to the canvas belt

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 6 months later...