1st Time Armor Build[*ATA]

Just thought i'd go ahead and start this thread and let everyone know im starting my first build. Just ordered my ATA Helmet and...toward the end of august i am ordering my f/x kit. (dunna if i want get the lite or full just to have a 2nd helmet even though i no the f/x bucket isnt accurate at all) So hopefully this thread will become pic intensive soon and i know all the fellow troopers will be more than happy to give their best advice.

cheers,

Jake

AWESOME

I am in the same boat, my armor is being made as i type, and i am waitng for PP to clear my bank transfer!!!!!Dont forget to start a WIP (work in progress) thread once u get your helmet!!!!!

it looks beautiful!!!

welcome to the ranks my friend!

first comment pointer I'll give you is: go slow.

rushing with the parts can be dangerous, so just take it easy and dedicate your speial time to every little piece.

I'm looking forward to see this WIP, I'v never seen a ATA work in progress before!

great start my friend!

it looks beautiful!!!

welcome to the ranks my friend!

rushing with the parts can be dangerous, so just take it easy and dedicate your speial time to every little piece.

I'm looking forward to see this WIP, I'v never seen a ATA work in progress before!

great start my friend!

Oh i def plan on going slow... started cutting the teeth first but its time to goto work so unfortunately i have to wait to work on it later....but does anyone know how far to cut the neck line? do i go all the way to the line or leave a little more room for the neck strip?

You can follow the trim lines, but what i tend to do is just roughly trim the neck line by a couple of mm first and then when the helmet is put together take it off nice and slow so its just about big enough to fit my head in, so's it's not too large.

And yes the rubber trim will make the hole smaller again, so allow for that ;)

Quoted for truth! I rushed too much in a few steps on a helmet build and I'm currently paying the price.

Just be sure to mask anything you don't want prayed.

the spay mist can be a pain and then you find yourself trying to get unwanted paint where there should only be white and thus ruining the glossy look.

Trimmed face and cap. sprayed inside with auto rubber undercoat (pics soon), came out really nice. now time to let it dry then tomorrow im gonna rivot the capnface, then cut and trim the ears and hopefully get that assembled. then itll be time for paint and finishing detail. hopefully be finish by next weekend.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg