The right stuff?

Just a quick question. Would these boots (dyed right) be acceptable for Elite status? They're 30EUR instead of 70 dollars (without the shipping taken in mind) from CAboots, so I thought it'd be worth checking out.

----------

neoprene gloves with leather handpalm, comfortable & breathing, velcro closure & reinforced fingers + palm.

Just let me know!

Merugear

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'd say that the overall look of the boots is fine, but make sure that the soles are black and not brown otherwise, even if you dye the leather, they still wouldn't work because you'd have brown soles.

As with the gloves, you might want something a bit longer around the wrist. You might run into problems with the end of the gloves colliding with your forearm pieces. You might be able to tuck them into the forearms, but they look like they could easily come out with regular arm movement. Also you might have to worry about skin from your wrist showing.

My personal preference is longer gloves like these:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Black Gloves made of rubber, leather, or leather like material. Black nomex flight gloves are an acceptabl alternative.

I think you'll struggle with hiding that logo-thing on your gloves. The nomex gloves are a bit smoother and longer, and they are an alternative to the leather or rubber ones. I'd love to see more troopers with leather or rubber gloves, they are really not that hard to get hold of. :)

With the gloves, try to avoid gloves that have the velcro or strapping at the wrist, or gloves that hit at the wrist. They pop out at the wrist and it's really hard to keep your sleeve tucked in, and your wrist is frequently showing.

Wow thanks for all the replies! I'll snoop around for the nomex ones around the netherlands and stalk the horse-riding site to see if the soles come in black as well (guess they would with the black variant). Right now I'm on the list for ATA armor and from what I heard it won't take long before I can get my hands on it (think a week or two, a month perhaps due to shipping?), so understandibly (if that's a word) I'm looking to get the deals on the rest of the armor items. I'll keep you posted (and hopefully provide you with the first ATA buildup post :P.

Vincent

Checked the boots, the black variant has black soles. With the boots being PVC might try to use the same paint I'll use for my HIPS armor to match up? masking the soles I reckon, but would that be a viable idea?

Will check Smitty for gloves. Might wanna get some extra T-tracks as well cos I lost some :P.

Thanks for all the feedback!