Closing up your Thermal Det Tube

I finally got around to modding my thermal det tube so I can store my glasses and a few extra things in it. Since I can't wear my glasses in anything but my FX helmet.

I have one end of the tube sealed, but I can't seem to come up with a good option for keeping the other end shut. I've left it like this all along because I knew one day I would final remember to do the mod. It stays shut on it's own, pretty good. However, one good bump (or a child's hands) could easily pull it open.

Any good recommendations for closing it up, but also making it easy enough to open back up when suited up?

On the end that will stay stationary, glue a piece of elastic to top (inside), super glue that endcap to the tube. Glue the other end of elastic (you should be able to judge the amount you need to get a snug fit) to the top endcap which will not be glued onto the tube.

Does that make sense?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just looking for something similar to this myself... I did a quick search on Google, and found this website, looks ideal for the threaded tube cap you used on the thermal det... -----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020