Help: Ripples/Grooves in my armor!

Hey all (Happy 4th!),

I posted this in my build thread also but I think this is a better place to ask this question.

My RT-Mod chest has some "ripples" in it. They are these little raised grooves that are somewhat noticeable to the naked eye, and I am looking for a way to fix them. I was throwing around the idea lightly sanding them out and then bringing back the shine of the plastic with some Novus, but I am not sure if that would work, or look worse than what I started with.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Here are some pictures. They are really hard to photograph, but they are there:

dveNzut.jpg

MTrGEWU.jpg

Thanks,

-Hayes

Mmm im not sure about the rtm armour, i have not seen a lot of it in person, not to study and way..

This does not seem to be too prominent an i am wondering whether you should leave it soh's not to make a mess of things?

Lets see what others have to say, preferably someone who has owned a set..

Yeah what FBJ said. I think the ripples are from when forming and it cools you will get those. I mean I think you can sand it down with a high grit paper but then you will need to paint and this could lead to different colored armor peices so you would have to paint the whole set

You guys are right, I should just leave it be, so I will. I think I am just suffering from this diseases I have called perfectionism :D

Thanks guys!

Look at it this way . The armor you have now is in better shape than what was used in the movies. I mean they used gaffers tape lol

You guys are right, I should just leave it be, so I will. I think I am just suffering from this diseases I have called perfectionism :D

Thanks guys!

Yep, all you have to do is look at the original suits and any ideas and obsessions of perfection or symmetry will wash away.

I use to be like you until i started my ROTJ build where pretty much any distortion or bend in the plastic actually makes it more accurate to the films.

thats plastic for you! :P