ESB Trooper Helmet

I just realised that I had them in my email account so here they are :D

2020-0001b.jpg

2020-0001c.jpg

2020-0001d.jpg

2020-0001e.jpg

Thanks Paul,

Absolutely fabulous! Mike H. also sent me some photos of this helmet! Awesome!

I guess what I'm trying to do here is to gather up some information on the differences between the ANH and ESB (armor).

I plan to use a TE2 helmet and armor for this new project. I already have the different hand plates so any information on the ESB bucket and armor would be much appreciated!

One question Paul if you have a moment. Does this helmet appear thinner (longer in height) and a bit shorter (diameter) than the ANH buckets?

Aloha,

T :salute:

Tony,

I think this particular helmet has it's face mask sat high up into the dome making it look slightly smaller. We know all the helmets were built up differently giving each one a unique look and these ESB helmets are refurbished ANH's.

Apart from the helmet with new decals and black mouth, the only other differences I can tell are the hand plates and the holster being worn on the right hip. A new blaster was also issued too. You could go for the upside down ab plate box that has been spotted in ESB to be a little different :)

-Paul.

Tony,

I think this particular helmet has it's face mask sat high up into the dome making it look slightly smaller. We know all the helmets were built up differently giving each one a unique look and these ESB helmets are refurbished ANH's.

Apart from the helmet with new decals and black mouth, the only other differences I can tell are the hand plates and the holster being worn on the right hip. A new blaster was also issued too. You could go for the upside down ab plate box that has been spotted in ESB to be a little different :)

-Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info.

A new blaster??? :angry: D'oh! Well, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for an ESB blaster...

Thanks bro,

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

I just finished putting my ESB bucket together and I have a question about the photo of the inside of the ESB helmet that you shared with us. Do you know what type of adhesive was used to secure the stunt lens material to the inside of the helmet? It doesn't seem familiar to me and I don't think I've ever seen that type of product before...

Thanks,

T :P

could be dubble sided tape. or if anything just glue. I'm sure trooper master has an answer lol

The name of the material is called 'dumb dumb' to pros, but not sure of the actual name.

It is used as a liner for car stereo speakers and car window applications to be installed. It is a black gummy material that never hardens and stays tacky literally forever unless you roll it around in the dirt or chocolate powder ( DONT ASK).

auto parts store should have it. Made by 3M I believe.

T*E

I thought that goo looked familiar, and T*E is right about that stuff staying tacky, we're talking years after the fact.

Wouldn't just a little hot glue work too? Unless the plastic you're using is too thin and fragile, I would think that would work ok.

You could use hot glue instead, the film will distort a little but it won't hurt anything that is seen from the outside. That black crap is awful, I tore out a shower surround that was put up with it, and it was horrible! It stuck to everything and left a stringy mess.

You could use hot glue instead, the film will distort a little but it won't hurt anything that is seen from the outside. That black crap is awful, I tore out a shower surround that was put up with it, and it was horrible! It stuck to everything and left a stringy mess.

Oops...

Did I forget to share some photos?

• 5 months later...

A bit. The decals seem to have more blue in them. I would paint the ears with the same #5 Humbrol the ANH helmets used. And try to find decals that are close to that color.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/

Jez has some wonderful pictures in his real props, Stormtrooper, ESB section!! There is one about half way down the page that shows the contrast between the decals and ears very well. :salute:

A bit. The decals seem to have more blue in them. I would paint the ears with the same #5 Humbrol the ANH helmets used. And try to find decals that are close to that color.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/

Jez has some wonderful pictures in his real props, Stormtrooper, ESB section!! There is one about half way down the page that shows the contrast between the decals and ears very well. :salute:

Thank you sir!

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys i was at the star wars exhibit and saw this trooper suit labeled as ANH almost fell over laughing it looks like an ESB or ROTJ if you want to see the pics i can post them

Sure post them, and we can tell you exactly what kind of armor it is..I'm thinkin its a tour suit :unsure: