Hey guys, ive read some of the threads on painting your own boots is this the best thing to do or should i buy the caboots?

Painting your own boots is the most screen accurate option, but the paint will most likely go off after the boots have been used a few times..so painted boots might require a few layers of fresh paint from time to time.

I prefer fresh shiney CABoots but littledragon is correct about painted boots being more screen accurate. TKDUEUNO recently made a thread about removing the luster from CABoots. Its a very nice looking boot mod and it makes the CABoots a perfect color match for ABS armor.

Realize that everyone has an opinion and you have to do what you like best. I went the dye route and like that best of the available options.

I have Caboots and gotta admit that I'm curiously disappointed by them.

They're too white.

They look too much like shoes, not boots.

The whole "Fear me because I'm a terrible stormtrooper" thing doesn't quite survive when people see the Caboots. Caboots just don't cut it as the plausible footwear of choice for while storming through the Tantive Raid.

Plus they smell.