PGHtrooper21's First AP build[*AP]

Still having problems posting for some reason. I have Windows 7, using Microsoft Office 2010 as my journal, using photobucket and IE8. I copied the IMG code from Photobucket to Word. Then I copy the post from Word to here. It worked fine over Garrison Carrida and here in the past. When I tried using bbcode it asked me which one?

Andy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy,

Ā 

You can easily embed images one of three ways... you can use the little image icon in the editor and just paste in the URL from photo bucket (blue circle in the image below) Or you can put the bbcode right in the editor but make sure there is an IMG tag before the image URL and a /IMG tag directly after the image URL (don't use the code tag like I did... I only did that to show the unformatted bbcode)

Ā 

Or third.... if you prefer to use all bbcode you can flip the switch in the upper left and rock out with your bbcode out (red circle)

Ā 

11-14-20118-16-06PM.png

Ā 

Hope this helps.

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

When you post images from PhotoBucket, click on the link showing as IMG link:

Ā 

pb1.jpg

Ā 

Then all you have to do is paste it in the body of your post. (Either <CTRL> V or right click and Paste.) It will put it in the correct format for you. You can edit your original posts, highlight the link then click Unlink to fix them:

Ā 

pb3.jpg

012-4.jpg

Ā 

IT WORKED!!!!! After talking to Lucas and he suggested not saving my Journal in a full Word doc, but rather saving it to a Rich Text or txt.file! THANKS to Lucas and to all who was giving advice. This was driving me crazy!!! I have 25 pages of a doccument journal with pics I want to share.

Ā 

Andy

Ā 

Ā 

From the top.

Ā 

AP Helmet Redo.

Ā 

Back in August, I decided to redo my helmet. I was disappointed with the outcome of using Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Sharpie Paint MarkersĆ¢ā‚¬. I saw the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Sharpie Paint MarkersĆ¢ā‚¬ and though to give it a try. Mistake number 1. At first, I tried to use Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Sand paperĆ¢ā‚¬ to remove the paint. I even tried to use Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Mr. Clean Magic ErasersĆ¢ā‚¬. Bad mistake! It made it worse! Mistake number 2, the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“SandingĆ¢ā‚¬ and the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Magic ErasersĆ¢ā‚¬ caused the paint to smear the helmet.

Here are some pics of my AP Helmet before the redo.

007-2.jpg

020.jpg

013.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

016.jpg

020-1.jpg

Ā 

So I decided to Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Spray paintĆ¢ā‚¬ the whole helmet. So I went out and bought a couple of cans of Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Krylon Fusion White GlossĆ¢ā‚¬ spray paint. I took my Helmet apart, I got some newspaper and some rocks to hold down the newspaper and went out across my street and set my helmet on the wall and started to spray paint the individual pieces of my helmet. I sprayed a couple of coats and let it sit dry for a few days and put on a second coat and let it sit dry.

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

009-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

Ā 

I am going for Ć¢ā‚¬Å“EIB and CenturionĆ¢ā‚¬ Stunt. So I ordered ANH Stencils from Trooperbay.com to hopefully prevent the mistake I made before. Also I could not find my screws for my Ć¢ā‚¬Å“HelmetĆ¢ā‚¬. So I went out to Home Depot and picked up some. After watching MikeĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s videos on YouTube and emailing him back and forth to answer some questions, I decided to proceed.

Ā 

The first thing I did was to take the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Rear TrapĆ¢ā‚¬ decal and place it on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TrapĆ¢ā‚¬ where I want it and use a pencil and trace the outline of the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“DecalĆ¢ā‚¬ This is to give a guide line for where to paint. I did this for the other Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Rear TrapĆ¢ā‚¬ and the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“side TrapsĆ¢ā‚¬. After you are done using the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“DecalĆ¢ā‚¬ make sure you put the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“decalĆ¢ā‚¬ back on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Decal PaperĆ¢ā‚¬ for use later. Then I took one of the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Side Tears DecalsĆ¢ā‚¬, and placed it on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TearĆ¢ā‚¬ and when I got it to where I want it, I used a pencil to make an outline like I did with the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TrapsĆ¢ā‚¬. I did the same with the other Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TearĆ¢ā‚¬. Then I took my pencil and drew lines on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TeethĆ¢ā‚¬ to give me a guide for painting them.

021-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

001-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

Ā 

I used Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Testors GreyĆ¢ā‚¬ to paint the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Traps, Tears and the TeethĆ¢ā‚¬. Last time when I was painting my helmet, I used Ć¢ā‚¬Humbrol GreyĆ¢ā‚¬ and the paint took a good while to dry. That is why I switched for this time. When painting, I noticed that Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TestorsĆ¢ā‚¬ was drying while I was painting. When I was painting the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Traps and TearsĆ¢ā‚¬ I did not use any Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Painters or Masking TapeĆ¢ā‚¬ The pencil guide line helped out. I used a no. 0 Royal Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Flat HeadĆ¢ā‚¬ brush to paint the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Traps, Tears and the larger teeth. For the smaller teeth and for the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“touchupsĆ¢ā‚¬, I used a no. 10/0 brush.

When painting, I used MikeĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s tip to hold and secure the helmet. You will need to reposition the Helmet to get to the different angels on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Traps, Tears and TeethĆ¢ā‚¬. Also, when painting I tried to get close the pencil line and paint toward the center. This helped, because I did not want to go over the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Pencil LineĆ¢ā‚¬. During the painting, I tried to have a little more fresh paint around the area where I was painting. This helped to Ć¢ā‚¬Å“StretchĆ¢ā‚¬ the paint to the hard to reach areas and to have a smooth flow when painting. Before beginning to Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Hand Paint a HelmetĆ¢ā‚¬ I recommend watching MikeĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s TrooperbayĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s YouTube videos several times to get an idea on how to begin.

024-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

025.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

064.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

Ā 

Next up is painting the lines in the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Traps and the TearsĆ¢ā‚¬. I watched Mike from Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TrooperbayĆ¢ā‚¬ videos a bunch of times to get a feel of what to do. The trickiest part is lining up the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Stencil templateĆ¢ā‚¬ on the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TearsĆ¢ā‚¬. The area is hard to work with. I had to realign it a few times till I was happy. I did the same for the rear Ć¢ā‚¬Å“trapsĆ¢ā‚¬. After I was finished painting, I let the paint sit for an hour.

006-7.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

002-7.jpg

015-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-4.jpg

022-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

Ā 

When putting the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“StencilĆ¢ā‚¬ it is good to use your fingernail to rub out the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Air-BubbleĆ¢ā‚¬. Similar to when putting a window cling decoration on a window. Also I used some Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Blue-Painters TapeĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ to secure the Ć¢ā‚¬Å“StencilsĆ¢ā‚¬. Then I used Ć¢ā‚¬Å“TestorsĆ¢ā‚¬ Gloss Black to paint the lines. I made sure to shake up the bottle of paint for a couple of minutes and then used a Ć¢ā‚¬Å“toothpickĆ¢ā‚¬ to stir the paint.

034-1.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Ā