Would these gloves work?

Ok since i didnt want to cause a whole nother post (original posting in quotes) on just gloves here is round two!

Mom of mine found these at walmart

---------

would they work?

seems to be a cotton/polyester mix

also my under armor shirt is long enough to stick over the end of the glove if that causes conflict

I got this from my brother in law and was wondering if i can use it...got em for free

from-------

the materials the same but logo locations are different on the hand grips parts for "Silicone printing

for enhanced grip"

as for the logo strip elastic on bottom i think i can take it off

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It's nice to get stuff for free and probably not, sorry.

You really need long gloves to go under your forearm armour. You'll see flesh when you bend your wrists with those and I'd be concerned about the logo on the palm and back showing under the corner of a handplate, too.

You need Nomex flight gloves style things, or rubber chem gloves. See Smitty, or cheaperthandirt ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'd say "no". The nomex seem to get a pass as they at least have leather on many key areas, and most of the fabric is covered by the hand plate. The ones you show are 100% fabric.

Those are probably more screen accurate but you'll sweat to death in them!

lol yeah i was be thinking about that but i am willing to give it a go since i have access to em easier *points a homedepot across the street*

though i dont sweat as much in the hands and i know the gloves cause i wash the dishes with em yellow ones in super hot water so i recon i'd be use to it

yeah if all else goes wrong with the rubbers thats the one i am going to >.> right now i am on low budget so not even a penny can be wasted

I hear ya, I too am trying to see how little I can spend while still creating a quality set of armor.

bluehickey said:
Those are probably more screen accurate but you'll sweat to death in them!

Not exactly true, I wear mine all the time and don't have any problems with them B)--------

If you're on a budget these are great, not only are they screen accurate, they're

also dirt cheap. You can pick a pack of ten up for next to nothing if you hunt around :D

Hope this helps :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

No fooling. I want to look as good as a UKG trooper too. Will be on my upgrade list for next month (all my spare cash went to the UK this month).

• 2 months later...

I use the rubber gloves as well...at first they get sweaty and found them hard to take off after a couple hours trooping...try a little non sented baby powder first then put them on...helps a bit..