Kids Voice Changer Toy, anyone tried them?

Fleabay Link

Has anyone tried using one of these things for their bucket voice amp setup? If so, what are your opinions etc?

Thanks!

Well I have no experience with one like that, mine was originally a walmart one which is just a black box and a microphone on a wire. For $5 and about half an hour work its pretty great.

Paul,

I haven't tried that one but was able to get this one:

----------

It's much louder than the WalMart voicechanger and only $10. Fast shipping too.

Good luck.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I've got the Wal-Mart setup running thru a set of Stompers. No feedback, no issues really. The volume is a little low, but I think my mumbling is partly to blame for that. The Wal-Mart setup is pretty good on battery life too. 5 troops in and I have yet to change out the batteries.

The $10 unit that goes in the SCOTT respirators are an excellent choice (Another kudo to Dan S. for locating those) much better than the WalMart rig. And all the choices seem like a better route than the kids toy in question.

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of those toy clone trooper helmets today, and I'm thinking about taking out the voice changer system, and internal lense frames and moding them too my Stormtrooper helmet. Has anyone else done this? Any advise for us?