Thermal Det scratches?

I'm planning on building my thermal detonator with money clips to attach it to my canvas belt.. the reason being i'd like to remove it from time to time during troops in case i need money,cards etc.. but i read on on TK-1536's site that the thermal det causes scratches on the back piece of the armor..and i thought how could i prevent this?

I thought i could easily make my canvas belt a double layer so that i could prevent this, but seeing that if i have to re-attach the TD back to its original position i might have difficulties trying to get it back on because i can't see where to re-attach it properly :blink:

i could ask a fellow trooper to place it back on, but i was just thinking on how you guys do it..

Quoted from his site:

Good shot of how the holster is actually attached, as well as the way the canister clips on. You can even see how the clips have marked the paint job.

Thanks for the help!

Luis

I put velcro on the clips and place them in the overlap of my belt where it closes in the back. That way they aren't touching my armor and are even more securely mounted.

Luis

I use the fuzzy / soft side of heavy duty velcro on the face of the clips and that works a treat

I've never had any problems with scratches :)

It sits pretty tight over the canvas belt and I normally ask someone to clip it on for me so

that its nice and square.

kMw4DdE.jpg

2Q6GVOk.jpg

I hope this helps mate

I put velcro on the clips and place them in the overlap of my belt where it closes in the back. That way they aren't touching my armor and are even more securely mounted.

I did this as well and don't have any scratches on my armor from my TD.

• 2 weeks later...
JSmails said:
Bill,

How wide is that TD? I love the pic with the tape showing 7.5". How about a pic of the width?

TIA!

August

Here ya go mate :)

cH7UUJ8.jpg

Hope this helps :D