My MRCE Bucket

I've been spending my time getting my ANH Stunt helmet ready prior to ordering my armor. I've filled the crack, sanded down the front seam and repainted, added and painted ear screws, drilled and filed the extra tooth, painted the inside with black rubberized paint, and added padding, frown mesh and dark green lenses. Audio and fans are next, but I might wait until after my approval to start fiddling with that. What do you think?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

ok 1st off Tom; lets talk abt requirements for clearance - this is ultimately determined by ur local garrison GML. But.....

(1) your front seam still looks pretty obvious to me, here's a pic of mine filled in:

m9MaBbe.jpg

(2) your frown does need to be opened out a bit more, nice work on the extra hole

(3) your tube stripes dont look quite right - have they been replaced yet?

next aesthetics - although its true abt the ears, it isnt a clearance issue.

keep up the good work!

Nate

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

ok 1st off Tom; lets talk abt requirements for clearance - this is ultimately determined by ur local garrison GML. But.....

(1) your front seam still looks pretty obvious to me, here's a pic of mine filled in:

(2) your frown does need to be opened out a bit more, nice work on the extra hole

(3) your tube stripes dont look quite right - have they been replaced yet?

next aesthetics - although its true abt the ears, it isnt a clearance issue.

keep up the good work!

Nate

Thanks for the pic. I was wondering how big the holes were supposed to be. That shouldn't be hard to do (now that I know what I'm looking at). Did you just re-round the sides of the existing teeth to make them smaller? As far as the stripes, I haven't done anything to them yet. They don't appear to be decals. Do they come off, or do they need to be painted over?

I'm on the fence about the ears. I've read over the tutorials a few times on how to cut them, but I still don't know if you are just supposed to cut the round part, or the entire thing all the way down to the neck. I can't see much of a difference in the pics on the look, I think seeing one in person might help. A concern I have now is that with the coating I put on the inside, getting the screws out will be... difficult. They are now coated with superglue on the inside to stop them from twisting and the rubber paint. Also, I'm afraid if I try to get the round covers off I'll break them since I drilled through them already for the screws. An tips? Thanks again guys.

abt the ears... considering the amt of work u've done to make em stay put - I would keep em as is.

but if u are anything like the rest of us... once u start delving into accurate lids; the ears will begin to bug you ;p

heres a pic of my frown pre-file:

---------

and after

----------

as for the re-round of exisitng teeth - I did on mine, but dont think many others bother. also the amt of space to create is fixed, diff runs of the MR lid had diff amts of space. Its an eye-ball thing.

next up - tube stripes. Get new ones from TK4510'd decal shop

to get the original ones off - UK guys had some luck with acetone - just the nail polish remover stuff. I sanded mine off as I was completely repainting it. wotever it is - the original ones need to come off.

btw - I am sure I have posted this before - but heres my entire WIP:

http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19182

No'l on this forums also has a very nice WIP

*No'l tried to link to ur original WIP - wont work any more---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm out of town for the next week, so I'll start on the frown and crack when I get back. Hopefully I can order the stripes while I'm gone. I guess I'll have to use putty on the crack. That's several coats of caulk on there already. I'm still not happy with the appearance. I used testor's white to cover the sanding, but that frakking crack is horrible.

I'm out of town for the next week, so I'll start on the frown and crack when I get back. Hopefully I can order the stripes while I'm gone. I guess I'll have to use putty on the crack. That's several coats of caulk on there already. I'm still not happy with the appearance. I used testor's white to cover the sanding, but that frakking crack is horrible.

It is horrible, I agree. And the only way to fully hid it is to repaint the entire bucket. Most of the pics you see on here of people showing off their filled seams have filled it, sanded it and repainted the whole lid.

I didn't repaint mine, and even though I can still see a little bit of an edge, I've learned to live with it for now, until maybe someday when I decide to sand down and repaint the whole thing. I really do like the super glossy look you get out of the box. I haven't seen a repaint that can match that smooth shiney look.

A Mr Clean Magic Eraser and some hot water will take those tube stripes right off.

Wow! You were right! Does the government know about this stuff? No way this thing works this good without it being toxic!