TK 3165 requesting AHN Elite STUNT status.[58][AP]

TKyoda

I will post more photos or course with the full armor on and action shots, but will start with my E-11 (modified hasbro blaster) and AP Helment/Armor details.

My TK armor is the AP version kit which I completed. I've learned so much from here and with the help of many...thanks to those members.

Please I would really love to hear your comments or any suggestions.

E-11 ANH BLASTER

1.all the t-tracks have been replaced with the help of Smitty along with the d-ring

2.the bottom of the back part will be covered as soon as I can figure out what to use

3.sort of a digital counter? what you think?

IMG_04883.JPG

IMG_04874.JPG

IMG_04961.JPG

IMG_04943.JPG

IMG_04973.JPG

IMG_05032.JPG

AP STUNT HELMET

1.eight cutouts for the mouth (STUNT)

2.green bubble lens (thanks to Smitty again)

3.the AP Aerators will also be replaced once stompers starts up again

IMG_04933.JPG

IMG_04853.JPG

IMG_04836.JPG

IMG_04785.JPG

IMG_04803.JPG

IMG_04817.JPG

IMG_04953.JPG

Neck and side straps

1.Ribbed material neck seal

2.Ribbed straps - glued at front and snaps in back.

IMG_04861.JPG

IMG_04875.JPG

IMG_04884.JPG

AP ARMOR DETAILS

1.leather holister (snaps to belt)

2.White 3" canvas belt (thanks to gundamzepplin)

3.Chamfered ends on belt with white straps holding the side boxes

4.rubber gloves

5.split rear piece (butt)

6.CAboots

IMG_05042.JPG

IMG_05051.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_05072.JPG

IMG_05091.JPG

IMG_05132.JPG

IMG_05111.JPG

IMG_05151.JPG

IMG_05162.JPG

IMG_05173.JPG

Looking good. One question I have is that AP looks to have bubble green lenses. Is that the case? For the stunt, the lenses need to be flat. Maybe it is just the flash or angle, but the lenses do look to be bubbled.

Other than that, looking good so far!!

Ditto on Scott's comments. For Stunt you need flat green lenses. Alternatively, you could fill in the outer teeth and go for the Hero look.

Do you have any full-body photos with you wearing the armor? I believe the closed side gap needs to be shown, along with the split butt as it actually looks on you. Taking full-body photos from the front, back, left, and right worked well for me. An cool action photo against a neutral background (a green screen works best) would be the icing on the cake.

Also, a photo of the E11 from the front would be good, as it appears you are missing a T-track on the lower left side of the barrel.

Question for Scott: Do the aerators that come with the AP kit Elite-qualified?

1.yes they are the green bubble lenes...so I should shoot for Hero I guess. (covering the two holes)

2.I have 6 t-tracks as required....the bottom is left intensional..is that not correct?

here are more full body in armor...showing the side and ab sections.

IMG_05002.JPG

IMG_05033.JPG

IMG_05052.JPG

IMG_05073.JPG

IMG_05082.JPG

IMG_05092.JPG

IMG_05101.JPG

IMG_05133.JPG

IMG_05142.JPG

IMG_05183.JPG

ANH27.JPG

That's a great looking set of armor you have there. Personally I'd suggest getting flat green lenses rather than filling in the teeth, else you'll be tempted to remove one screw per ear for true hero effect. Flat green lenses could be just a double sheet of green acetate and someone may have some spare floating around.

My only suggestions are regarding fit. I'd suggest running a strap to the butt plate that wraps around your front to keep the sides closer in - I say this as I have the same problem and that's how I solved it though I guess some would just break out the heat gun.

The back looks a little off-kilter in the rear pix. You may want to try running a black 1" strap from the chest to the back to keep them in place (again, this is just what I used).

I can't really add any suggestions that have been made. I would change the lenses out the flat ones. Other than that looking good.

Personally I'd suggest getting flat green lenses rather than filling in the teeth, else you'll be tempted to remove one screw per ear for true hero effect. Flat green lenses could be just a double sheet of green acetate and someone may have some spare floating around.

I can't really add any suggestions that have been made. I would change the lenses out the flat ones. Other than that looking good.

Considering this has already been stated, I will just make a point to quote it.

Also, for your submission pics, do you have a shoulder bell that does NOT have the 501st decal? I hate to ask you to remove it, but I am not sure we can pull a screen grab with the logo on it. Maybe someone could photoshop one in??? :D

All in all looking good.

And as for your T-Track, you are good. I must admit that is the best Hasbro Mod I have seen!!!

thanks

I did have and still have the flat green lens that came with my AP armor...but really didn't like it so I purchased the bubble lens that are great from Smitty.

So other than the minor fitting adjustments..I need to replace my lens and remove the 501st Decal?

I can certainly photoshop out the decal without a problem...but not sure at this time if I want to change up the lens.

The other option is go for the Hero look and fill in two of the mouth piece holes and remove one of the earpiece screws...right?

thanks

Rob..

The other option is go for the Hero look and fill in two of the mouth piece holes and remove one of the earpiece screws...right?

To make the helmet a hero you would need to fill the outside tooth on each side of the frown, repaint the frown with the smaller narrower hero frown, and remove the bottom ear cap screw and fill the hole.

Way back in the day TK4205 (I think) posted a tutorial for helmet lens holders, so you could switch between the flat and bubble lenses at will. Might be something to look into to save alot of time on the hero conversion.

Ok...I don't want to change the green bubble lens...so if I remove the bottom ear screw...cover the holes and cover the holes on the mouth to only six and make the frown smaller is this OK for Hero?...are the green bubble lens still OK?

You might need to change the ears for Hero, the hero has three bumps and the stunts has four (which your helmet has). If you do the changes you posted and the one I just posted the bubble lenses will be ok.

thanks for your help...how do I change four bumps to three and are they all gray?

Can someone confirm this...its not indicated thats one of the requirements....but if it is I will do it.

thanks...I also responeded to your PM :)

Rob

The ears are not an elite requirement, but they have to be replaced or seriously modded if you want to go from 4 ridges to 3. Nice job filling in the teeth and earcap hole.

Elite status granted, nice job trooper.

Thats a sweet looking setup bro! I must have been missing this thread. Before you made youre helmet mods I was gonna tell you how to flatten the bubble lens I sent ya, but on the other hand I think you did a great job converting the bucket to hero! Next thing I would do in your shoes is get a set of 3 bump ABS ears. I believe VT has those on ebay from time to time.

The ears are not an elite requirement, but they have to be replaced or seriously modded if you want to go from 4 ridges to 3. Nice job filling in the teeth and earcap hole.

Elite status granted, nice job trooper.

Thank you...great stuff...do you need another photo with all my armor on?