Spray paint the whole armor?

TK-7828

Hi!

I thought my new fx armor was all nice and white until i bought an ap helmet and some replacement bells, now i think it is more of an blue/grey white color.

Can i spraypaint the whole armor if i find a color simular to the ap helmet i have?

If so do I have to sand the armor or is it just to clean it and spray?

Will it last or will it crack when parts moves?

Thanks for answear

Andreas

It shouldnt crack. Youll prolly end up repainting the helmet too because I doubt you will find a perfect color match for the AP ABS. My recommendation is Rustoleum High Performance Enamel Gloss White. Good Luck!

The problem with spraypainting your armor is when it scuffs or scratches, it's gonna show through. If you do, prep sand and paint with several coats.

Personally, I'd just let it be. The helmets were off color from the armor in the movies too. ;)

The problem with spraypainting your armor is when it scuffs or scratches, it's gonna show through. If you do, prep sand and paint with several coats.

Personally, I'd just let it be. The helmets were off color from the armor in the movies too. ;)

yeah ill let it be....prob will end up mess it up otherwise :)

Paint away, I say. Realize that *every* clone out there is painted, as is every suit of TE2 armor. Yes, painted armor will scuff but so will straight ABS. You should have seen the pix of my FX before I sold it - gouges I tell ya! At least if it's painted you can always touch up easily.

Mike A. painted my TE2 TD and it's so far been pretty resistant to scuffing, except for the butt/kidney where the pack rubs it constantly. That, and I'm not especially gentle with my kit. Mike did put a lot of layers on and allowed them time to cure, so I suspect it's the technique more than anything.