Trooper Master ANH helmet discussion - split & merged

GINO

They have no appreciation for it. As long as they look good for little kids right. :rolleyes:

Gino, I hope you didn't REALLY mean to belittle the charity work we do with that statement. If you did, perhaps you could take a moment to tear yourself away from your magnificent (in all sincerity) props and visit with a child dying of terminal cancer.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot calling kettle black.

GINO YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH OF A RECASTER AS ANYONE ELSE.

Really tired of this deluded personal ownership of the Stormtrooper you are taking as if you are the only authority, you are the only one with rights to reproduce helmets, from your PURCHASED pristine molds - RECASTED from original helmets - PURCHASED by someone else.

You have absolutely no right to take this stance. Everybody has dirty hands in this hobby. Better believe it.

But this thread isn't about YOU is it, no, it's about TM's rotten, dirty, recasted helmets, huh.

Well, then, EVERYBODY, let the record show:

TM's helmets are recasted! Gino's are too! So are AP, TE, TE2, Meatsock, and so on, and so on.

Know what? I don't think anybody really cares except you.

Some people are just thick. I said way earlier, some will remain unconvinced regardless. It is inevitable in situations like this.

Whether the bump is there or not makes no difference. It WAS there on an earlier version. Perhaps it was removed when he did further clean up. I don't know. It's not important why anyway.

If you can't tell it's the same face, there is no hope for you. Good thing you aren't builders because your props would suck.

As far as me not contributing. The problem with most costumers is that to them, their measure of whether someone contributes, is if they are selling them stuff.

What they don't realize is most of the knowledge you have or the pieces that you run around in were provided to you by people like me. Either directly or indirectly.

The reason I don't sell stuff is because of douchbag recasters and their supporters. Why share it just so they can rip you off and recast your stuff. Screw em. Let them make do with whatever crap pieces they can get their hands on. The good stuff would be wasted on them anyway. They have no appreciation for it. As long as they look good for little kids right. :rolleyes:

This whole debacle is not about the measures of recasting, not about whether you agree with my perspective on the hobby, whether or not I think you are a douchbag or not (I probably do).

It's about the FACT that TM lied about where his helmet came from and that does damage to the clarity of origins of fan made stuff in the public arena.

Nothing you say is going to change that, so you might as well start accepting it.

I'm comparatively ignorant to most of you guys when it comes to props, so I'm keepin' my mouth shut about the helmet debate...

But let's go easy on the charity/sick kids stuff, all around, shall we?

It's not cool to belittle another's charitable works, nor is it cool to evoke a dying kid as leverage to make someone feel guilty about having different rooting interests in the hobby.

That's a live wire I think we're all better off not touching.

I'll shut up and go back to lurking now.

Gino, I hope you didn't REALLY mean to belittle the charity work we do with that statement. If you did, perhaps you could take a moment to tear yourself away from your magnificent (in all sincerity) props and visit with a child dying of terminal cancer.

You know what don't even get me started on that crap.

The reality is IF all you really cared about was the children and charity, why care about recasting the more accurate armor? I'll tell you why, because YOU want it for YOU. Not the kids.

Kids dying of cancer don't give a rats a$$ about whether or not you wear FX or a recast screen derivative.

The reality is IF all you really cared about was the children and charity, why care about recasting the more accurate armor? I'll tell you why, because YOU want it for YOU. Not the kids.

Kids dying of cancer don't give a rats a$$ about whether or not you wear FX or a recast screen derivative.

Dude that was kind of harsh man. Those kids get to feel some happiness when they see guys dress up in Stromtroopers.

That's good and all.

The point I was trying to make was that they would be just as happy if you guys showed up in FX armor.

It's your own selfish desires to have something more accurate and to obtain it by any means necessary that I have the problem with. Poor form to say it's for the kids when it's not.

For the millionth time, this thread is not to discuss the pro/cons of recasting etc.. or these other tangent topics.

It's about the truth of TM recasting his helmet vs. him saying that it was sculpted from scratch.

That's good and all.

The point I was trying to make was that they would be just as happy if you guys showed up in FX armor.

It's your own selfish desires to have something more accurate and to obtain it by any means necessary that I have the problem with. Poor form to say it's for the kids when it's not.

Gino, I never said that and if I implied it, that was poor communication on my part and I take full responsibility for it.

BTW, I do show up in FX (body) armor, I would like a set of the more accurate stuff assuming it could fit my non-screen accurate frame, nothing is worth sacrificing one's morals and character for so the "by any means necessary" comment is totally inapplicable, and it's not the armor but the person in it that counts the most.

nothing is worth sacrificing one's morals and character for so the "by any means necessary" comment is totally inapplicable, and it's not the armor but the person in it that counts the most.

It's not inapplicable considering the great amount of people posting in this thread who have no morals when it comes to the hobby. They are like pirates not to be trusted with anything of value.

They could care less whether or not TM recast or not.

They only see a nice guy who sells them stuff being attacked.

No interest in the truth whatsoever.

As far as the part about nothing is worth sacrificing one's morals, and it's not the armor but the person who is in it, I couldn't agree with you more!

Ok so far the TM hero helmet does not have this bump. The only TM helmet that seems to have this bump is the stunt version.

So the stunt version is lumpy like the screen used stunt helmets, and then his hero version is cleaned up like the cleaned up hero screen used helmets.

How hard would it be to have 2 sets of molds with each version.

If you can see the difference in the screen used helmets with such a large media coverage of the screen used helmets and the availbel helmets derived from sich an utem, it would not be too hard or imaginable to add these details to a set of molds.

There are a few really easy to spot differences between the TM helmet that i own and other cast from screen used helmets in my collection.

So i stand by what i have been saying, that detail next to the vocoda in not present on my TM helmet.

Better pics to follow when lighting allows.

CopyofTMHelmetBuild020.jpg

... it would not be too hard or imaginable to add these details to a set of molds.

That's beyond ridiculous.

You're reaching so far.

You need to just stop and let it sink in that what I'm saying is true.

Unless you already know his is a recast and you are just helping keep it covered up.

I sure hope no one would stoop to that, but then again...

Clearly you missed (or chose to miss) the point I was trying to make.

It's funny the things you choose to point out and the things you cleverly dodge while continuing your pointless and childish attacks.

As far as TM helmets being re-casted: That's for TM to address (if he chooses to) as you have proven nothing so far.

This witch hunt that you are on is not the search of truth, this is to publicly discredit someone.

Good. Finally good to see someone with the balls enough to be able to admit it to themselves.

You argue like a five year old. Character assassinations are your only line of attack / defence.

Look at the laws new trooper lid with the oval shape detail in the teardrop detail. You admitted ruining TE molds and wanted to know why the new laws bucket had this. It is because he knew it was meant to be there and so he added it? I dont know, sorry for the off topic.

I am not a spokes person for TM and can only comment on the lids that i have seen and in particular the lids i own.

I own a hero TM and that detail is not there. This is your argument, not recasting. I am not speculating on recasting, i am telling you that i own a helmet made by TM and that detail is not there.

I've already explained why the bump might not be there on some helmets.

BTW, the detail in the teardrops are on my molds, and they look nothing like what is on the Laws helmet. This detail was kept out of any helmets I made for other people.

Guess what. You're never going to have one with it because I'm never going to offer one to a non-friend, and no one else has a mold with these details intact.

Guess what. You're never going to have one with it because I'm never going to offer one to a non-friend, and no one else has a mold with these details intact.

Do i look bothered?

OK, this thread is going nowhere and leaving it open is pointless. If you want to keep bashing each other take it to the RPF. I'll post final thoughts later.

I think that this is the first time in FISD history that I'm going to rip a tread apart.

First and foremost I have no stake in TM's or Gino's product as I own neither. Is TM a recast helmet or face? I don't know, while the bump is in interesting discussion point, in and of itself is not enough proof for me to say so. Also the bump was referred to as the icing on the cake, yet the cake was never shown. Until more proof is shown, I'm not convinced.

Now addressing the pages of hot air and egos that have shown their ugly face over the last 5 pages. Lets face it Gino knows his stuff, and has some of the best displays out there from a distance (maybe someday he'll take up close shots and show off his goods) but his attitude and lies in this thread are inexcusable.

Ask yourself. Why would I lie?

I'm not in competition with him. I don't sell helmets. I don't have any vendetta with him (outside of this very issue). My helmets are not in danger of being outdone by anyone least of all by a scratch build as he claims, (unless someone else is able to mold another screen used anh helmet, even then best they could do is match mine).

The thing is Gino does sell helmets, not mass produced but he does. Granted they are $1000-$1100 depending on which one you want.

What you fail to understand is that I'm not in this hobby to play dress up, and I'm not in it to make friends. I'm not in it to sell product, or to win a popularity contest.

In case anyone missed it, this is a 501st forum. That means the purpose of it is to get people in armor and costuming at whatever commitment level they have. While collectors, costumers, and fans are all welcome lets not forget the reason why this forum is here. Saying that we "play dress up" is a slap in the face of everyone in the 501st, which I know is a group that you despise, you've said it before on other forums.

The reason I don't sell stuff is because of douchbag recasters and their supporters. Why share it just so they can rip you off and recast your stuff. Screw em. Let them make do with whatever crap pieces they can get their hands on. The good stuff would be wasted on them anyway. They have no appreciation for it. As long as they look good for little kids right. rolleyes.gif

Another lie, Gino does sell product. He makes very inaccurate Vader chestboxes for $700, he did a run of Vader gloves for $550 but pictures were never shown, he makes Vader armor that he sculpted but I don't know what that's going for, and then he has his $1000+ stormtrooper helmets. He occasionally sells stormtrooper suits. For a guy that constantly says he doesn't sell stuff he sure sells alot of stuff.

This statement just makes me sick. Enough said.

BTW, the detail in the teardrops are on my molds, and they look nothing like what is on the Laws helmet. This detail was kept out of any helmets I made for other people.

You know, If I bought a $1000+ helmet and it had a detail removed or altered I'd be upset. Yet he posts it publicly...

How anyone can take what he says with anything more than a grain of salt is beyond me.

As for Gino constantly saying that he has been sharing his expertise for years. He hordes his costume secrets because he believes that somehow it gives him an edge. Over time all this will come out. For instance, when the ANH Vader green bolt box lights were found and became public knowledge, Gino's comment was simply that he'd been using them for years. If you knew about them why not tell the prop community. They are readily available for $7.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=6413

Also when I was a Vader noob a few years back, I was looking for the same lights for an ESB Vader. I PMed Gino about it since he seemed to know his stuff. His response was simply that he knew what they were, but was not comfortable sharing that info. What king of sharing is that, I'm a new guy trying to start parting together a Vader and that's the response I get.

All I see, and this is just my opinion, is Gino stirring the pot with the same people over and over. It's been TE, TM, and SithLord for years. But you have to hand it to him, he's persistent.

I'm sure he'll blast me on his propaganda forum which I found out I was banned from this week because of what other forums I'm on. He claimed he PMed everyone before the banning, but the FISD members I know that got banned never received a PM either. That's ok, I'll take the FISD, SLD, PropDen, and DIY props any day over his. Good thing I don't take petty things like this personally.

It's ashame that some people can't just enjoy the hobby.