Heart of an empire dvd run - Cost of cd and shipping.

DarkeSword2020

Burn the cd and distribute or not because of copyright?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Go ahead and burn

• Don't distribute send to youtube
    • Distribute at my cost
    • Distribute and get funding for cost of cd and cost of shipping

Hey guys, I figure I'll do a run of the cd's *burning copies* assuming that's ok with everyone else...speak up if that's a problem, if not I'll get it out to you guys that want to see HOEA *Heart of an empire*.

I'll do three for now, as that's how many cd's I have on hand. Then we'll have to wait till I get more.

Post your interest below. First three get it.

- Fitz

Sounds like a cool initiative, but wouldn't you be violating some copyright laws by doing this?

Yeah I'm not sure, I thought that if I made money off of it, I wouldn't be allowed to distribute it. I don't know copyright law that well. I think that if I just send it out and I get the return on the cd and cost of shipping then they can still have it? Someone who knows, please chime in.

If you can swing it, I would defiantely be interested. Otherwise you could always put it up on Youtube for free streaming. Someone needs to come up with a video sharing site just for starwars content.

Wookie Tube?? :dance:

As far as I know, you are only allowed to make copies for personal use (back-ups etc.), so getting just paid for the CD and shipping is still an illegal distribution of someones copyrighted work.

I'm not gonna take a stand as to whether you should do it or not, or if FISD is ok with it being distributed through this forum though. :-)

Can't people just buy it? It's not THAT expensive... He he;-)

As far as I know, you are only allowed to make copies for personal use (back-ups etc.), so getting just paid for the CD and shipping is still an illegal distribution of someones copyrighted work.

I'm not gonna take a stand as to whether you should do it or not, or if FISD is ok with it being distributed through this forum though. :-)

Can't people just buy it? It's not THAT expensive... He he;-)

I'll take it to a vote in a poll above.

I'll be honest, I'd rather not do it if it's going to give me trouble in the long or short run...

I recently ordered a copy and love the movie.

and i can appreciate that your just trying to allow everyone a chance to see it....

I could see lending it to local friends/family to share the 501st experience....

but something about burning copies of it seems....i dont know, counterproductive.

Shouldnt people want to purchase it to support the organisation they are a part of?

just my 2c

I recently ordered a copy and love the movie.

and i can appreciate that your just trying to allow everyone a chance to see it....

I could see lending it to local friends/family to share the 501st experience....

but something about burning copies of it seems....i dont know, counterproductive.

Shouldnt people want to purchase it to support the organisation they are a part of?

just my 2c

I agree with that. I think let's let the thread run its course, get a general opinion and go from there.

Im in if its all legit. unfortunately as i live in the uk and dont have a multiregion dvd player i would need to have it in region 2 which is the european format or region free if that is something you can do. :D:D:D

just use a PC dvd drive, xbox360, ps3, all of these will play it regardless of region.

not to mention 5 minutes on google will show you how to unlock your dvd player for all regions.

I know this for a fact, because i got my copy from Australia.

Im in if its all legit. unfortunately as i live in the uk and dont have a multiregion dvd player i would need to have it in region 2 which is the european format or region free if that is something you can do. :D:D:D

If I recall correctly, you can play Australian DVD's on region 2 players. I have before at least.

I think copying something like this would be counterproductive as previously stated. If the DVD says you can distribute for free then it's ok, but otherwise... If you see an FBI warning rolling past that would probably be a warning. I'm not saying I've never copied anything or downloaded movies from torrents (I can neither deny nor confirm!!) but I wouldn't advertise it thru a public forum such as this. Know what I mean?

Actually, this is not a good idea and would probably really hurt the sale of the DVD and would also infringe on Copyright Laws.

Everyone should feel free to buy a copy and use their resources to play it on a PC, old PS2, Xbox, whatever.

I am locking this thread and poll, as we cannot condone this sort of action, no matter how well the intentions are.

Thanks.