fng questions

ok i got a set of tk supream armor the licensed set ( it was new and cheap) so I am not sure which section to post this q in but is there a thread with pics showing a set of armor should look when fitted properly, helmet fits pretty good comes in fiberglass with foam padding inside the teeth in the frown are precut but the eyes are bad looking bugeyes glued on the outside, i probly won't use this costume much but would like it to look decent when i do, I plan on modding a e-11 hasbro and getting a holster and amping the helmet mabe fixing the eyes and adding fans a little at a time this is good winter work, any help is appriciated I am in southern n.j. 08080

If your goal is 501st membership the Rubies Supreme out of the box is not 501st acceptable. So far no one has tried to get one up to Legion standards. First off the helmet has to be replaced. There are a couple threads around here about the Rubies, but not a mod thread.

If your goal is a stormtrooper costume and you are happy with it, we'll offer any help we can along the way. Good luck with the project.

For pics your best best is the Elite status sections. Every one of these is full of pics of people in armor. Granted the Rubies is not going to get to that level, but if it is reference pics you want, there you will find plenty.

Hope this helps.

here is a pic of it thrown on to make sure it was all there, i am 5'9" + with average build and it is a standard size costume definitly needs trimming and fitting I can't move well in it at all boots were included but i don't have em on

post-5046-1230087045_thumb.jpg

I don't think anything needs trimming except the forearms and remember the armor is supposed to cover the black. About the only tweak to make is hike the shoulder bells up a little closer to the shoulder straps.

well I know that i need to shorten the elastic bands that hold the abdomen to the chest to keep it overlapped like in the pic, i was looking through the elite pics and it looks like there should be more black visible around the groin?, also how do you get the biceps to stay in place? velcro?

is there a tutorial to make the detonator or oxygen tank tube that mounts on the butt piece? thanks :)

The reason you see more black in the photos in the elite section has to do with how tall each trooper is. The taller you are, the more black that will show. Some of us have to trim some of the parts to make movement easier. We sacrifice some of the look for mobility and comfort. Don't trim parts unless you have to for comfort, mobility, or to make it fit better. Less black is better.

Looking at your photo, it looks like you could lower your two drop boxes just a touch. They seem to me up against the belt with no air gap. I also see a piece of black material sticking out under your chest plate. I'm not sure if that's your black clothing or a strap. What kind of black suit did the armor come with? Or did it not come with a black suit? Most of us wear Under Armor or a similar brand. I highly recommend the summer weight. These suits get very hot when worn in doors. If you plan on going to a big ball this spring you will want to try wearing the armor for an extended amount of time in your house. I would expect you will get a lot of fogging on your lens. The hotter you get the more fogging will happen. Many of us mount fans in our helmets but I don't know if I would bother since the rubbies helmet is not very good. I'm guessing that you'll have the helmet off a lot at the party just so you can see where you are going and so people can hear you talking, eating, and drinking, etc. Oh, big thing to work out is going to the bathroom. Its very difficult to take a leak in armor and its best to get a little practice in before you go to a big party.

thanks for the input guys, the helmet is being replaced with the mrce helmet I just ordered and I will probly do the fan and voice mods, I saw someone had voice mods that actualy used the areators as speakers does this work good seems like a good idea, the black strip on the abdomen is some velcro hanging out it just needs to be tucked in,my boots did arrive they look like the ca boots from what i see in pics, the armor came with a black 1 piece suit that has a zipper in the front(or back ), i have a holster on the way and a neck seal, and hasbro blaster upgrade kit (just need a blaster now) and i am probly getting the thermal det kit off a member here, i agree that i will need to put this on and where it alot to get the fitment correct and work out the bugs and the calf armour is big came with foam blocks in it from the factory there is a link to pics in my thread about modding the rubies tk costume, I am not quite sure about making things smaller diameter wise like the calves any additional comments and sudgestions are welcome since while i may not join a troop i would like it to fit function and look nice, thanks all :D