MRCE question

madhouse said:
Hey, I've searched around the forum a bit but i can't seem to find any links to where you can actually buy a MRCE. I live in NJ and I was wondering where is the best place to get one. I saw them on amazon.com but it says UK exclusive. Any help?

I got mine off ebay. Off Redford films. Good price at the time too. $70 + shipping. He's all sold out now.

Found this:-------------

Good luck!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

madhouse said:
Hey, I've searched around the forum a bit but i can't seem to find any links to where you can actually buy a MRCE. I live in NJ and I was wondering where is the best place to get one. I saw them on amazon.com but it says UK exclusive. Any help?

I got mine on Amazon.-------------

Hope this helps. I do believe that a bunch of them made their way to the States from what I read somewhere.

Derek

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

2007brandony said:
I got mine off ebay. Off Redford films. Good price at the time too. $70 + shipping. He's all sold out now.

Found this:------------

Good luck!

Thats where i got mine, slow shipping to canada but seems to be one of the better prices around!

Edited by gmrhodes13

so is this a decent looking wearable moddable helmet? figured i would ask before spanding the $ ;)

yes mate.it's perfectly o.k.

most troopers buy this to begin with and mod it up, it only needs minimal mods for it pass 'clearence', drop a line to 'heatshock' for details on his MRCE mod...he did a cracking job..(tell him langy sent ya..lol)

so is this a decent looking wearable moddable helmet? figured i would ask before spanding the $ ;)

Yes it is, and looking at the price it cant be beat! You should however be aware that MR made the look idealized and symmetrical, as opposed to the wonky helmets in the movies. Judging by pics it looks pretty close to the shadow trooper wich is also symmetrical.

Heres a clip from youtube that I think explains the CE pros and cons very good. He also compairs it to a TE (I think).

Cheers

awww cheers for endorsement langy mate

TOM - I had a WIP for my MR CE on the UK Garrison boards - link here http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19182

langy - hope alls well with u and yours, and Merry Xmas! you up and troopin yet?

Nate

many thanks Nate, i'm having a cracking festive season buddy,

nearly ready for trooping, just a couple of small items to deal with and then it's clearance time. woo hoo!

all the best for the New Year mate...(and to all at FISD)...who needs snow on christmas day when it's gonna be a 'white New Year' for most of us.

TOM R said:

Here's mine after the Mods , but before the Sandy weathering

----------

The mods are;

Replace ears with AP

Replace Mic tips with more accurate ones

File out the teeth

Fill all seams

Raise brow

Add new Brow trim

Repaint everything

Edited by gmrhodes13