Coats for Kids 12_17_08

ThayNerd

Well my garrison trooped the Annual News 10 Coat for Kids event yesterday and it was a blast. There was over 2000 coats donated to the Salvation Army! Man was it cold. I wore thermals under my under armor and I was still freezing! :blink: Any who since everyone loves pics on here I thought I would share some pics with everyone. Here they are hope you all enjoy.

You can view all the pics here: Coat for Kids 2008

3117852254_09fb4a86c4_b.jpg

3117852618_c683f0c767_b.jpg

3117027033_efbebbd267_b.jpg

3117027335_17e2bb03a0_b.jpg

3117027655_d0ef401d22_b.jpg

3117853878_e12d5f5268_b.jpg

3117854482_3e4d9aebab_b.jpg

You certainly do a lot of trooping! I wish my garrison was that active in my part of Virginia.

So, how exactly do people in passing cars react to a Stormtrooper posted in front of a busy street? I'm thinking "WTF?!?" is probably a typical response. :lol:

You certainly do a lot of trooping! I wish my garrison was that active in my part of Virginia.

So, how exactly do people in passing cars react to a Stormtrooper posted in front of a busy street? I'm thinking "WTF?!?" is probably a typical response. :lol:

We try to get in as much as possible. :) This one might have been the last one of the year though. LOL They all usually love it Brian. They scream, honk, wave hello, and clog up traffic trying to take a fast pic. LOL

On a other note: You guys in Sac know how to do some great work for a good cause. Looks like an all day event collecting.

Thanks, we try to help out the community as much as possible. We were actually only there for 4 hours, from 3 to 7. It got really cold after the sun went down.

Looks like another great troop Thayne.

I need more troopers in my area, all these events you post up just look like such a blast and going to a good cause.

Thanks man, I guess I am kind of spoiled since we have a lot of troopers in the area. We all love trooping for charity, best troops you can do.

Thanks for posting this up so quickly, Thayne. I just got the feeling back in my fingertips and toes this morning--can't remember the last time I froze like that. It was a very worthwhile event with great times nonetheless.

You guys rock! One day I will have my armor tweked and having fun too :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this up so quickly, Thayne. I just got the feeling back in my fingertips and toes this morning--can't remember the last time I froze like that. It was a very worthwhile event with great times nonetheless.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Eugene I know what you mean, my back was sore and stiff and still is a little from the cold. But it was a great event a lot of fun to do and it was very worthwhile. Dinner with everyone afterward was a lot of fun as well.

Hey Thayne, cool pics. Looks like another fun event with real good turnout. My Mom drove by one of your events and saw you guys out on the sidewalk. She called me right away to ask if I knew the Stormtroopers occupying her city. :)

Keep up the great work.

-John

Hey Thayne, cool pics. Looks like another fun event with real good turnout. My Mom drove by one of your events and saw you guys out on the sidewalk. She called me right away to ask if I knew the Stormtroopers occupying her city. :)

Keep up the great work.

-John

Haha, thank John, it was a pretty fun event. That's a great story and I'm glad your Mom got to see us. :)