Various questions.

Just a few questions:

1. Where can I get the Humbrol #5 &15 paints in the US?

2. What quality are the decals that come with the AP armor, specifically the tube stripes as I'm thinking about painting the rest.

3. Do I need to upgrade the forehead/neck trim that comes with the AP kit and if so what would yall recommend?

4. Does the AP kit come with enough extra ABS to make both the front and back trim for the arms/legs to be more ANH accurate?

If I can think of anything else I'll post it later.

Thanks for all yalls help.

Matthew

I can't answer all your questions, but I'll answer the ones I know.

1. -----

Great company to deal with.

3. The trim that comes with the AP helmet is fine as is.

Also consider upgrading the mic tips/aerators that come with the AP helmet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Some answers:

1. Where can I get the Humbrol #5 &15 paints in the US?

- I'm sure the Humbrol UK site will ship em to you, or ask me and I'll obtain em for ya.

2. What quality are the decals that come with the AP armor, specifically the tube stripes as I'm thinking about painting the rest.

- Decals are fine, I dont remember getting tube stripes withthe kit though - i ordered mine separately. ButI never used the grey ones at all - painted all the details (except tube stripes) by hand.

3. Do I need to upgrade the forehead/neck trim that comes with the AP kit and if so what would yall recommend?

- Its good stiff, but I replaced my neck trim with 'S' profile stuff that was a little more screen accurate.

4. Does the AP kit come with enough extra ABS to make both the front and back trim for the arms/legs to be more ANH accurate?

- yes, lots of spare stuff. you should be fine. The strips i used are about 20mm on the thighs, 15mm on the shins. Didn't do strips on the arms or biceps.

Cheers

Tel

Another question, anyone remember how long it took AP to ship their armor after it was ordered? Since I live in a dorm with a roommate I need to accomplish the messy parts during my break over the next month though I could do strapping at A&M.

It took me a while, but eventually it dawned on me that Humbrol paints are not in every corner shop around here.

I bought some on-line from Hornby America -----

14 ml cost $1.89, but the shipping was $5.00

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020