Solid resin E-11, reportedly from the UK about 10 years ago

Hi all. First post, so please be gentle.

I'm a long-time collector, and joining the 501st has been on and off (and on and off) the to-do list. None of my existing stuff would make certification (For example, my Vader still has a lot of Rubies stuff in it), except for my TK which I'm working on. Well...Working on as in it's in a box in the garage while life has higher priorities at the moment.

Now I'm in New Zealand, so things can be harder to come by, or have some pretty hefty freight sometimes. An E-11 has been on my to-get list for a while. I have a kit I'm looking at putting together, or having done professionally, as I worry about not doing it justice myself. But I recently had a solid cast resin (Not 3D printed resin) E-11 come up on our version of eBay, so I snagged it.

This blaster lacks the Hengstler counter and metalmite capacitors/power cylinders, and so I printed some up with the intention of adding them, and suddenly I thought, "Hold up. What if this item has some history behind it, and you're about the damage that history by modifying the item?". So before I went down that road, I wanted to ask if anyone is aware of who might have been making solid resin E-11s like this one in the UK, 10+ years ago.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

e-11-2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Hello and welcome. 

Setup for ANH Luke or an ESB as both versions have no hengstler or cylinders

luke-in-stormtrooper-disguise.jpg?resize

gallery_14191_5_41102.jpg

May have come from RS props and SDS have ESB version resin blasters

I'll let the UK lads chime in with it's possible origin 

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome. 

Setup for ANH Luke or an ESB as both versions have no hengstler or cylinders

[snip]

...Heh. I actually spend last weekend watching ANH frame-by-frame looking at any scenes that had E-11s, so you certainly see how different the screen-used ones are.

For me personally, it just looks more complete with the counter and the cylinders, but given the variations, there's certainly not single 'right way'.

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

May have come from RS props and SDS have ESB version resin blasters

I'll let the UK lads chime in with it's possible origin 

Thanks for that. Heck, even googling RS Props and resin E-11 has helped. I've now seen pics of the "Pugman" which wasn't a term I was familiar with, so I'm sure all the details will come into view. I've emailed the seller as well in case they knew more about it. But as I say, I suddenly became concerned today about the risk of ruining something by modifying it. I mean, sure, it's mine, and I can do with it what I want, but just want to check these things first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Hamilton said:

Thanks for that. Heck, even googling RS Props and resin E-11 has helped. I've now seen pics of the "Pugman" which wasn't a term I was familiar with, so I'm sure all the details will come into view. I've emailed the seller as well in case they knew more about it. But as I say, I suddenly became concerned today about the risk of ruining something by modifying it. I mean, sure, it's mine, and I can do with it what I want, but just want to check these things first.

Our Blastech section is full of different version E-11's and info https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/116-blastech-e11/, down the rabbit hole you go ;)

• Like 1

I don't recognise it, but it looks like it's based on a cast of a real sterling so maybe you can use the serial number to help you.  I don't think it's a Doopy Doo, but it could be I suppose.  If so then the Sterling serial is S 21227, the scope serial is 110332.

11 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I don't recognise it, but it looks like it's based on a cast of a real sterling so maybe you can use the serial number to help you.  I don't think it's a Doopy Doo, but it could be I suppose.  If so then the Sterling serial is S 21227, the scope serial is 110332.

Thanks themaninthesuitcase. There is no visible serial number on the sterling itself, so perhaps that helps in itself. The last few numbers in the M38's serial number are hard to make out, but looks like "...380".

PXL_20240419_084543703.jpg

At a glance, it's certainly not a vintage Hyperfirm. I don't believe the Hellhounds ever looked like that either. Just as data points. You probably already know that, I just wanted to add my own confirmation.

The serial on the gun would be on the top side of the mag receiver. Or possibly above the clearing strip on the bolt. If anything is cast in at all, it would be in those spots.

... heh, you said resin, not rubber. Doh. Ignore the first paragraph.

12 hours ago, revlimiter said:

At a glance, it's certainly not a vintage Hyperfirm. I don't believe the Hellhounds ever looked like that either. Just as data points. You probably already know that, I just wanted to add my own confirmation.

The serial on the gun would be on the top side of the mag receiver. Or possibly above the clearing strip on the bolt. If anything is cast in at all, it would be in those spots.

... heh, you said resin, not rubber. Doh. Ignore the first paragraph.

To be honest, I'm not ruling anything out at the moment. Everything anyone is mentioning is all me learning, and stuff I add to my search terms.

The mag well doesn't have a serial number on top or bottom. I took a pic of both, but given forum image size limitations, what I uploaded was just the underside and the scope. But no visible serial numbers anywhere.

The former owner is away at the moment, but his son will ask him to get back to me when he returns, so we shall see.