Stormtrooper "grilled by police"! (Scotland)

JoeCovenant

Hi Joe, thanks for sharing the news clip. 

Myself and half our Garrison have been tagged all over social media with that, thankfully it was nothing to do with us:)

Nice to hear you're building white armour, do you plan on a build thread? I highly recommend you do so here at FISD. 

For ANH armour builds https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Are you based in Scotland? If so you are welcome to sign up at Imperial Scottish Garrison and share your progress https://www.501st.scot/

• Like 1

And this is why we always try not to troop alone in public, or without a wrangler/handler or without notifying officials prior to attending ;) 

It's a cautionary tale of recognizing that, although we know our blasters are not real guns, that may not be clear to the general public. All cosplayers/costumers need to be mindful of this concern.

• Like 1

The problem we have is that in Star Wars all the weapons look like real world weapons due to the aesthetic chosen back in the 70s. Whilst that’s changing a bit with other franchises, we’re not carrying phasers. 

This means you really really need to be aware of who might see this and the conclusions and consequences that may lead to. 

One thing that’s worth mentioning and probably not overly well known is that in the UK is simply owning an E-11 could potentially be a firearms offence, and so can REALLY land you in hot water if you don’t use some common sense.  

Due to the appearance it falls under the legislation for a “Replica Imitation Firearm”. Without going too far into it as I am not qualified to do so, the manufacture and possession is illegal without a “reasonable excuse”. 

This is a nice summary from some one who at least appears to know what they are on about:

https://www.askthe.police.uk/faq/?id=587bc863-12db-eb11-bacb-0022483f57c9

• Like 1

6 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

The problem we have is that in Star Wars all the weapons look like real world weapons due to the aesthetic chosen back in the 70s. Whilst that’s changing a bit with other franchises, we’re not carrying phasers. 

This means you really really need to be aware of who might see this and the conclusions and consequences that may lead to. 

One thing that’s worth mentioning and probably not overly well known is that in the UK is simply owning an E-11 could potentially be a firearms offence, and so can REALLY land you in hot water if you don’t use some common sense.

No offense, but yikes.... The more you know, I guess.....

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!96928&authk

1 hour ago, jsilvius said:

No offense, but yikes.... The more you know, I guess.....

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!96928&authk

53645283934_2723299008_o.png

That being said, I do love me some skeet shooting. Hmmm... I wonder if it's ever been done in TK armor...

But back on topic, this is why I'll never wear my armor out in public without an official invite. You never know what a stranger may call the authorities for, even without a blaster.